PDA

View Full Version : Whats up with Expertise?

Llokii
06-09-2009, 10:43 PM
So whats the deal with Expertise now? Seems like most of the ULD tanking gear is seriously lacking this stat, so i've had to gem and eat to make up the rest. Anyone know if this stat is supposed to be changing? or should I even be keeping it at cap now?

pright
06-09-2009, 11:54 PM
Expertise hasn't changed, nor have I seen that it is supposed to be changing at any time. There's a lot of gear in Ulduar with expertise, almost one for every slot. Some from 10 man, some from 25, and the rest from hard modes.

Check out http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f97/46235-best-slot-warrior-tanking-gear-glance.html
The main ones in particular are the items with "T" in front.

As for how much expertise you should be keeping, it depends on the encounter, with a lot of Ulduar bosses hitting like trucks (especially in hard modes), it's can be more beneficial to gear for the best survivability on certain fights.

Mookey
06-10-2009, 12:47 AM
Yes Pright but also with BiS gear in Nax we had healthy 30-40 expertise... now with first few upgrades - we fall behind in "under 30" category.

Back to the poster - it seams that key is to keep trinket and pants from Malygos plus boots from Thadius trough Ulduar for fights where you need more expertise.

Llokii
06-10-2009, 04:56 PM
Ok, so I just got the cloak off 10 man IC, so that helped Expertise a bit, would I be better off regemming stam and using buff food in the meantime?

I still haven't gotten the pants off 25 maly, and I'm not sure if they will be better overall than the pants off 25 man Kologarn.

By the way, what makes expertise better for certain encounters? I thought it would have the same value in all cases.