PDA

View Full Version : bad dps in balance need help

letsdoit
06-09-2009, 10:11 AM
Wel i am a full t7.5 gered balance druid but i am pretty sure on taht i can get my dps up a bit more when me and my guild ar killing patch on 25 mands naxx i can only get my dps up on like 3500-4000dps for that fight

but i belive i can get it higer that that maby it is my talent that is bad or my spell rotiasion i am using moon fire as the first then incet swarm feran fire starfire until i crit wit it and i get an 30% more crit damge wit warth then i spamm warth for like 25 sekends and start from new agen

link to armory The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ghostlands&n=Letsdoit)

Banx
06-10-2009, 03:29 PM
My suggestion would be to trash your gear, respec feral and join the druid tank/dps movement. Though you could always save that noobkin gear for dual-spec healing in a pinch ;)

pnut14486
06-10-2009, 03:35 PM
Well my offspec and gear is for moonkin so im no expert but i can pull the same dps roughly abit higher on boss's as my guilds boomkin advised me is to spam wrath till u get eclipse then spam starfire thats when i usually get 13-16k starfires. on the trash spam wrath repeatedly as stuff wont live long enough for u to cast a starfire on it unless its like the big gaurdian mobs like outside ignis's room.

hope it helps and good luck

Cyns
06-10-2009, 06:17 PM
My main spec is Resto, but I've played my druid long enough to understand the mechanics of Balance (and it's my secondary spec).

Looking at your armory and spec. my first guess is that your low dps has nothing to do with your rotation. Your hit seems low. You are probably missing a lot, but without seeing a WWS it's really hard to tell.

You don't have points in Balance of Power or Improved Faerie Fire. With those talents you will still need to be at 239 +hit to be capped.

letsdoit
06-10-2009, 07:12 PM
Well my offspec and gear is for moonkin so im no expert but i can pull the same dps roughly abit higher on boss's as my guilds boomkin advised me is to spam wrath till u get eclipse then spam starfire thats when i usually get 13-16k starfires. on the trash spam wrath repeatedly as stuff wont live long enough for u to cast a starfire on it unless its like the big gaurdian mobs like outside ignis's room.

hope it helps and good luck

wel i will try that then and see what happens :) i just think starfire is a bit to slow :/ probaly some more hast rate will do the trick

letsdoit
06-10-2009, 07:14 PM
My main spec is Resto, but I've played my druid long enough to understand the mechanics of Balance (and it's my secondary spec).

Looking at your armory and spec. my first guess is that your low dps has nothing to do with your rotation. Your hit seems low. You are probably missing a lot, but without seeing a WWS it's really hard to tell.

You don't have points in Balance of Power or Improved Faerie Fire. With those talents you will still need to be at 239 +hit to be capped.

wel i have a miss at arund 10-12% wit warth at boss fights but i can probaly get some more hit rate some were i guss :)

letsdoit
06-10-2009, 07:16 PM
My suggestion would be to trash your gear, respec feral and join the druid tank/dps movement. Though you could always save that noobkin gear for dual-spec healing in a pinch ;)

i have playing feral i dit play that in classi and a littel of tbc then i got resto and now i am balance sekendary spek resto :)

Lognar
06-10-2009, 08:13 PM
Ok - You really need to fix your spec, which has already been mentioned. This will really be hurting you.

Stats in order of importance: Hit rating (until capped) > Haste rating (until 400) > Crit rating

The 400 haste rating is suggested because above this, Wrath gains no effect from it due to the GCD. But dont go all out haste and neglect crit, because its important to be proccing eclipse regularly.

You have to get hit capped, and stay hit capped. The hit cap for horde is 263 assuming the talents below. I believe its a little lower for alliance with a draenei in party.

You MUST have Balance of Power and Imp Faire Fire. Take points out of Imp Moonfire and Dreamstate.

Change your rotation so that you are casting MF, IS, Imp FF, Wrath until eclipse, Starfire until eclipse is off cooldown. Recast MF & IS whenever the dots drop off.

Get the mod Squark & Awe (SquawkAndAwe : WoWInterface Downloads : Ace: Class Specific (http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info11436-SquawkAndAwe.html)) to track your dots and the eclipse proc and cooldown.