PDA

View Full Version : Multiple add tanking, Am I too squishy?

Ominousone
06-09-2009, 06:26 AM
Greetings all. Been reading for awhile but new to the forum. I recently dual spec my DK with a Frost tanking spec, and have managed to acquire a decent set of gear. My problem is when tanking multiple adds I think I'm taking more damage than I should. Boss fights arent bad as Im popping Cool downs, but I usually reserve them for boss fights. I guess my question is, is it normal to have to pop CD's when tanking trash? Im talking olny heroic dungeons here and maybe 4 mobs at most. Your help is appreciated.

Armory is down so i cant link. Im on Arathor, and character is Ominousone

Fetzie
06-09-2009, 06:28 AM
make sure you are keeping all of the mobs in front of you, things that hit you from behind cannot be parried or dodged. If you need to, strafe around the mobs in a circle, this will group them up in a small pile in front of you.

vine
06-09-2009, 08:40 AM
DK's are fairly weak at tanking large mobs due to being avoidance tanks. We have no shield to soak up the many hits. A few things you should do: make sure Blade Barrier is always up (keep your blood runes on cooldown), and chain mitigation cooldowns like IBF, UB, and any trinkets you have.
Also spec into Improved Icy Touch if you haven't already, it reduces overall melee and ranged attack speed of mobs by 20%. If you use Glyph of Howling Blast all it takes is one HB and the whole lot of them will have Frost Fever.