PDA

View Full Version : Defense Cap Question

Ziya
06-08-2009, 04:55 PM
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Alleria&n=Ziya)

I'm sitting right at 540 defense currently. The problem I'm having is that some of the gear I'm getting ready to upgrade into has less defense than the heroic/blues gear I was wearing. I am almost at 80 badges and planned on getting the badge chest but the defense hit would be quite a bit. With that said I know I need to replace my trinkets and I am working on my Hodir rep for the shoulder enchant, but other than that what did you all do to keep your defense capped while switching into Naxx+ gear?

squats
06-08-2009, 04:59 PM
gemmed for it, enchanted for it. the more gear you get the more Def you will get, it is hard to start out. but it get easyer

xenogriff
06-08-2009, 06:01 PM
can switch out pure sta gems for the def + sta gems, the loss of +12 sta per gem is easily recovered from the sta on the naxx+ gear

also brewmaiden trinket?

if that really is the trinket ur using i would suggest getting the prebc trinket from quest in netherstorm - dabiri's soemthing or other / trinket from last bost shattered halls regualr / trinket from 2nd boss in shadow labs

those trinkets can be used as a stop gap till u get something from naxx or the trinket from loken in normal hol

Bulk
06-09-2009, 12:02 AM
The HoL normal defence trinket was what saved me personally -once I got that I never had to gem for defence again - although I do have a few defence enchants for the avoidance it gives. I've only just recently reaplced it.. with the Repelling Charge - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=39292) from Naxx 10.

Ziya
06-09-2009, 01:56 AM
Thanks for the tips, I got a few upgrades in Naxx tonight and so had to replace more stam gems with defense gems. I was hoping the repelling charge would drop and solve all my problems but it did not and the HoL trinket has yet to drop for me as well. Oh well, I'll keep plugging along until something drops.

VerticalEvent
06-09-2009, 03:37 AM
HoL can be ran multiple times (the Heroic version only once a day).

Grab a few guildies willing to run it a few times with you until it drops. Run it twice a day until it drops.