PDA

View Full Version : Making sense of it all!

Meldwyn
06-08-2009, 09:04 AM
All,

I am new to WoW, new to Tanking, new to gearing, etc... I have a lvl 80 ProtWarrior that I have respec'd a few times, re-gemmed twice, thinking I get it, have mostly PvP gear with some PvE Defense gear... but I get my head spinning in circles trying to understand all the abbreviations, percentages, etc... is there a simple guide to what it all means in simple terms...

Thanks, Meldwyn/Galakrond

EDIT: I have done some more reading and here is the exact question for clarification!

I have 399 Resilience and 454 Defense Skill, if my math is correct based upon the calculations offered on this site, do I have at least 5.6% crit chance reduction? (which is needed for Raid bosses)? This is how the math works if I am correct... 399 Resilience = 4.86% crit + 454 = 2.16% for a total of roughly 7% (capped at 5.6%)... is this correct or am I waaaay off?

Thanks!

loquatious
06-08-2009, 10:54 AM
Sometimes PVP gear may be better than entry level PVE gear but with the numbers you posted I think your approach is flawed - if you want to tank PVE bosses you should gear up your PVE set.

Its very easy to get Saronite Prot gear, combine this with reputation rewards from Wyrmrest and a few crafted items and you are in great shape to tank heroics.

Meldwyn
06-08-2009, 11:05 AM
I agree completely! I found that my sweet spot was tanking, enjoy it more and understand the rotation better, but that was after I had spent hours/days doing PvP to get the epic gear... ugh!

I will work on buying the Saronite Gear with some Wyrmrest rep.. already working on the Sons of Hodir rep... almost Exalted.

Thanks for the response!

xenogriff
06-08-2009, 05:40 PM
the other thing u will want to note, i dont believe resilience affects ur def stats like dodge/parry/block while defense does