PDA

View Full Version : Need input on where to improve and where to tank

browdin
06-07-2009, 08:09 PM
I just started tanking and I am having problems with aggro on multiple mob pulls. Would like help on what I can improve for threat and what I should be tanking. Any help will be great.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Muradin&n=Browdin)

Wukki
06-07-2009, 10:21 PM
Looks like everything is alright (Though the meta should be changed :) ). Putting another point in incite would help a lot.

How do you handle aoe pulls? What I usually do to start out is:
Bloodrage -> Charge -> Thunderclap -> Clump Mobs -> Shockwave -> Thunderclap -> Tab Cleave + Shield Slams / Revenge when they are up and Devastate when they are not.

browdin
06-08-2009, 06:14 AM
Thank you for your reply will put talent pts in incite and change out my meta. Is there anything else you think I could do to help keep agrro on multiple mobs?

Gordiggan
06-08-2009, 10:44 AM
Glyph of Cleave also helps by hitting a third target. I'm assuming you're losing aggro in heroics. At one point do you start to have problems, right of the bat or later into the fight? Also are you pugging 5 man heroics or are these guild runs? You may need to remind the DPS that you at least need to hit the mobs with something before the start going all out :)

Wukki
06-08-2009, 12:23 PM
Thank you for your reply will put talent pts in incite and change out my meta. Is there anything else you think I could do to help keep agrro on multiple mobs?

Practice Practice Practice? You can try to practice by grabbing some big undead skeletons or a pack of mammoths. Just to get yourself used to muscle memory.

browdin
06-09-2009, 06:52 AM
Thanks again for your advice. I start having problems with aggro sometimes right off but usually about mid way in the fight.