PDA

View Full Version : What am I ready to tank and how can I improve

Borstad
06-07-2009, 06:53 PM
I get yelled at when i join some heroics (such as h uk) for not having enough health (they want 24k minium I have 21.9k). Some other heroics I do go fine. Can you give me a list of what heroics I can tank and what i can do to improve my gear please?
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Undermine&n=Borstad)

Phathead 009
06-07-2009, 07:18 PM
Your gear is decent for starter heroics, but there are a couple of places you can improve:

1. Professions - Mining and BS are both great tanking professions, but you need to get them to 450. At 450 mining you get +500 health, and once you get your BS over 400, you can socket and gem your own bracers and gloves, both with +24 stm gems. Combine that with the mining, and you're looking at almost an extra 1k health right there.

2. Helmet - Obviously you need to run heroics to get gear. but the single biggest change you can make right now is a new helm. As a BS/Miner you should have no trouble farming the mats and crafting yourself a tempered titansteel helm. This helm will give you about 60 stamina more than your currently helm by itself, and with a meta gem (+32 stm and 10% increased armor value), and another +24 stm gem in the blue slot,you can get another 100 or so stamina right there. Also grind your argent crusade rep to revered and get their head enchant, which will add another 37 stamina.

3. Weapon - Do the argent tournament dalies to get 25 tokens, and get the Teldrassil Protector. It's a great starting tank weapon, with stats comparable (but slightly less) than weapons like the Red Sword of Courage, which is pretty much the pre-naxx tank weapon.

Combining all of the above changes you're looking at increasing your base health by about 2500 or so, not to mention about another 1500-2000 armor from the meta gem. That alone should put you in a good position to start tanking the easier heroics.

Borstad
06-07-2009, 07:49 PM
Thank you very much.