PDA

View Full Version : Becoming an aoe god how?

aquanaut
06-07-2009, 06:49 PM
Since i'm not an experienced tank i always "choke" when its multiple adds. I follow the rotations from sunos thread for frost which is:
DnD-IT-PS-Pest then TAB-HB/Pest/BloodBoil

Should i really use this on packs with 3-4 mobs? It dosent feel enough if mages single target. Should i use the single target rotation (IT-BS-OB-OB) and tab when its done on one target?

Nitrous
06-07-2009, 10:04 PM
When I tank, I start with DnD->HB->OB->BB->BB and I have no problems holding aggro. Frost has alot of AoE abilities that are very useful for holding aggro.

Durandro
06-07-2009, 10:38 PM
The way I see it is if you Glyph for Howling Blast then you don't need to bother with Plague Strike* or Pestilence. Just Blood Boil with your Blood Runes, and Obliterate/Howling Blast the main target (make sure you mark it as normal with skull). By the time it goes down you should have aggro on all mobs to easily take down the rest of the pack without fear of losing them.

And obviously start with DnD, and Frost Strike whenever your runes are on cooldown. And if things go really badly, use Hungering Cold to freeze everything in place and then break them out one at a time.

*Though I would suggest using it on bosses, as well as Blood Striking to activate Death Runes for even more Oblieration.