PDA

View Full Version : Druid tank is struggling

BAK
06-07-2009, 06:18 PM
Our druid tank is having a pretty difficult time managing to hold aggro on Yogg adds P1, as well as generally failing on a lot of other fights in Ulduar. I'm not convinced he's geared/gemmed/talented correctly, and would appreciate any feedback. His armory:

Trstan on Dath'remar (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dath%27Remar&n=Trstan)

Thanks in advance.

Wukki
06-07-2009, 10:17 PM
His expertise and hit are way too low. He needs to get to 8% hit and 26 expertise rating, at least.

pnut14486
06-07-2009, 11:00 PM
hmm tell ye the truth im tanking in worse an iv tanked the normal yogg fight without a problem, not sure if he needs better for the heroic/hard version.
mabye should get him to look at his threat rotation.

i would also suggest dropping that king of the jungle talent for infected wounds as the debuff does give more threat. Also as a guild you should wait a few seconds after the mob is in melee with him to ensure he has threat.

for pulling the adds to him i usually find growl+fairy fire will give enough initial aggro to get the adds to him.. if its outta range have a dk death grip it to him then all he has to do is taunt it off the dk. plus i would mabye suggest he drops the glyph of maul for survival instincts to give him a better Ohh crap button.

I also found in raid to be out aggro'd quickly by other class such as dk's, at the moment im using the 2% extra threat glove enchant which is really help me keep up with ma guildies who are far more geared than myself.

hope this helps and good luck