PDA

View Full Version : Struggling with gear, need some input

dukedave64
06-07-2009, 05:45 PM
Hey all, first off, great site, love it all.

The issue I am having at the moment really comes down to being unable to understand exactly which stats I should be stacking and where I should be heading with my gear.

I was able to get a couple of pieces from naxx which I have equipped, can someone please tell me if I have gone in the correct direction.

I don't get to play alot but love tanking, I also play a healer which is currently in Ulduar so I am quite familiar with naxx and heroic fights which helps me.

I am trying to both main and off tank naxx 10 as well as heroics, I don't seem to have threat issues but IMO I do seem to take quite alot of damage.

(http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aman%27Thul&n=Krystyne)The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aman%27Thul&n=Krystyne)
(http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aman%27Thul&n=Krystyne)

dukedave64
06-10-2009, 01:16 AM
As stated in the heading, I am trying to work out if I am heading in the correct direction with the way I am gearing.

Would the resident experts here please offer some advice and tell me if I am going in the right direction.

Thanks in advance,

Tank that has got himself confused from too much reading.

Hayate
06-10-2009, 02:00 AM
Talent - As right now Block is not viable to warrior Tank, which I really hope they going to fix that some time. Nax 25 or lower contents you should go 15/5/51 The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc.xml?cid=1&tal=3502000023000000000000000000000302000000000000 000000000000023351225000012521330113321)

Gear and Gem - you can get a lot more upgrade right now just running through heroic, you should always keep in mind that after 540 defense cap the next most important stats to get is Stam, most gear are toned for the content at yoru level with enough avoidance, unless you want to get some of the socket bonus, other wise just gem stam, furthermore If your healers in general are on point, you spare some socket for Expertise and Hit, other wise, that is not really that important.

Fayre
06-10-2009, 02:12 AM
You could do with a good second trinket - I'd recommend going to farm for Essence of Gossamer in AN heroic.

You really should stop worrying about hit. If I were you, I'd ditch the hit gems and go for stamina. Same with the hit enchants.

15/5/51 is a good recommendation - I'd second it.

Consider Glyph of Devastate or Glyph of Cleaving over Glyph of Sunder Armor. Getting the Sunder debuffs up faster is a good thing (and provides more threat) and if you're worried about multi-mob tanking, having an additional cleave target is a good thing.

Avengedagain
06-10-2009, 07:04 AM
Very first things before i start is fix your spec. Like others said before try the cookie cutter spec 15/5/51. And now some other tips:

1) i suggest getting "Seal of the Pantheon" form Loken in reg HoL. its a 65 def rating trink, its a great trink untill u get the 84 def rating trink from naxx25 (not 100% sure if it drops in naxx25)

2) dont gem for def rating it, all your defense should be coming from gear and enchants, that being said what you should enchant with defense: sheild and cape.

3) Run h VH for the "Bolstered Legplates" that drop there from last boss, and get the 55stam 22agility enchant on them.

4)get 40+stam on your bracers

5) imo get rid of that boot enchant and get the icewalker or a cheap 18+stam enchant on them.

6) 2% treat 10 parry rating enchant on you gloves is like a MUST for all tanks.

7) the 111+ stam trink from h AN " Essence of Gossmer" (2nd boss)

dukedave64
06-11-2009, 12:54 AM
Thanks for the input guys.

I will update the spec as soon as I log in tonight but....

What you are telling me is that I don't need the expertise or hit rating I currently have, is this correct?

Now I'm more confused because from all the guides etc on this site they recommend reaching the hit and expertise "caps" before worrying about other stats with the exception of the magic 540 defence.

As block is currently "broken" I could swap out some other gear with other stats like dodge and parry (H CoS Shield, H UP Sword), is this a possible better route to take at this point?

Thanks again guys, keep the tips coming, it all helps.