PDA

View Full Version : Ulduar Flame Leviathan (Hard Mode)

Ciderhelm
06-07-2009, 04:48 PM
JvraP9VCkyk

http://www.tankspot.com/forums/images/snowfall/donorbanner.jpg (http://www.tankspot.com/premium.php)

Vehicle Usage
4 Choppers
4 Siege Engines
3 Demolishers w/ Turret Teams
2 Demolishers on pure DPS (have best geared players as drivers)

Put your worst geared players into either the Siege Engine gunner positions or the gunner positions on the 2 pure DPS Demolishers.

Turret Team Addendum
In the video, I mentioned canceling parachutes or blinking out of them. When an Overload hits, you can also forcibly eject yourself from Flame Leviathan for quicker access to vehicles. This is what we do with our hybrid DPS/Healers.

Tower Notes
I had to cut this from the script due to the time constraint of the video. Enjoy!

The Thorim tower locks out a section of the room with a series of enormous damage lightning beams that leave a DOT on anything they hit. When maneuvering around these beams, understand that older beams will fire before newer ones, and they will follow a pattern across the room. This makes it easy to back up or move forward into a brand new one to avoid one that's been up for several seconds.

The Hodir tower creates beams that follow unique targets and lock onto them before firing down a massive ice shard which creates a block of ice around nearby vehicles. With these beams, it's important to understand that so long as you are moving directly forward or directly backward the moment they lock onto you, you will never be hit by them. Attempting to turn or maneuver or taking too long to start moving will allow you to be ice blocked. For clarification -- there is no situation under which a player is not able to avoid an ice block if they are moving directly out of the area when a beam stops on them.

While a player can be broken out of their ice block, having two or three people hit by an ice block during an encounter is a virtual death wish, as the damage taken from AOE damage during the Flame Leviathan encounter will likely finish those vehicles off.

The Mimiron tower creates a flame barrier across diagonal portions of the room. If a player drives into this flame barrier they will take a massive damage DOT. For the purposes of the Flame Leviathan encounter, Demolishers or Siege Engines currently being pursued should never go into an area where they could potentially be cut off by a flame barrier, as other vehicles will not be able to drive through it to keep interrupts on Flame Leviathan.

The final tower is Freya, which spawns sets of large and small lashers from each of the corners. These lashers will be killed extremely quickly if they go over burning tar, so the strategy for dealing with them will generally deal with Choppers. It's important to note that Siege Engine and Demolisher gunners do not build aggro on these targets if they fire on them or the tar during the encounter; however, Siege Engine and Demolisher drivers can cause them to attack the vehicle if they attack, so it's generally best to avoid doing this.

To combat Freya's adds, we have Choppers put down tar as often as their cooldown permits, anywhere around Flame Leviathan or the center of the room. By covering a large portion of the ground with flaming tar, Lasher adds are very likely to light themselves on fire regardless of who they aggro on initially. Additionally, Choppers who are between pickups can use a quick Sonic Horn on lasher packs to get aggro and, if they're careful, can get away without being hit and drag them over the tar.

Nuke
06-07-2009, 05:17 PM
First ! um is it up on the donor part? or going on the youtube first?

Zakaa
Looks promising! can't wait, keep the good work going!

Also, First post!!

*edit* Second post!!!! Nuke stole the first post while i were writing!!=(

Nuke
Too slow Zakaa :P

Ciderhelm
06-07-2009, 06:22 PM
Movie is up. Donor download coming soon (either during or immediately after raid).

Ciderhelm
06-07-2009, 10:28 PM
Donor download is up! Enjoy!

Tiorda
06-08-2009, 03:27 AM
Love the vids, thanks for this.

I'm just curious what kind of setup you guys use for 10 man and if you can give a quick break-down on how'd you'd adjust for a 10 man strategy.

After the first 2 are thrown for the first overload would you then go to one being thrown? Any other tips for 10 man? Thanks :)

Mierzei
06-08-2009, 07:18 AM
I suppose that on 10 man you can/should use 1 demolisher as pure dps, and second to overload, and sacrafice one of choppers in favor of rotation presented in this video: 1 dps as demolisher gunner, 1 dps in chopper waiting for gunner to be thrown.

cudmaster
06-08-2009, 11:10 AM
I suppose that on 10 man you can/should use 1 demolisher as pure dps, and second to overload, and sacrafice one of choppers in favor of rotation presented in this video: 1 dps as demolisher gunner, 1 dps in chopper waiting for gunner to be thrown.

That is how my group did 10 man, ymmv. Also note on 10 man, with 1 bike, you can't really count on oil to kill the lashers, you'll need your siege tank gunners to deal with them for the most part.

dagimp007
06-08-2009, 12:47 PM
is the movie down? it seems to not want to play for me on youtube

dagimp007
06-08-2009, 01:14 PM
you say to have your best geared people driving Demoloshers... is that cause the better geared people put out more damage?

cudmaster
06-08-2009, 01:51 PM
you say to have your best geared people driving Demoloshers... is that cause the better geared people put out more damage?

itemlevel of drivers gives the vehicles more hp & damage...

Try it a few times with people positioned by itemlevel, but if someone sucks at the vehicle that this puts them in, switch it up! Some people are really bad at driving, other people (like me) are really bad at gunning, some people can't avoid walls of fire while keeping a 10 stack of pyrite up on the boss. All the ilevel in the world is still going to do bad damage if the player in question can't manage the core mechanic of the vehicle.

Mannaroth
06-08-2009, 04:34 PM
I too would appreciate some clarification on how you would adapt this for 10 man (Namely the vehicle setup).

Ciderhelm
06-08-2009, 04:45 PM
Honestly I can't say too much on the 10-man encounter. I have spent very little time in 10-mans. I know there are a few things you can't stack the same way -- for instance, choppers probably can't stack tar everywhere and hope the lashers all get killed by it, simply due to the tar cooldown and the limited number of choppers. That said, this really warrants a reply from someone other than me.

Dieshan
06-09-2009, 01:02 AM
Hey Ciderhelm, what is the addon that you're using to keep track of your pyrite stacks/timer?

Mierzei
06-09-2009, 01:11 AM
uhhh, just in case you dont realize dieshan, already-in-game build UI shows pyrite stacks, and time left on debuffs is shown just like cooldowns, your stack is shown as first one(and it has minimally bigger icon). I honestly use about 5 addons total, and none of them is UI mod, and i never had problems with doing anything i was asked on raids.

Dieshan
06-09-2009, 01:28 AM
uhhh, just in case you dont realize dieshan, already-in-game build UI shows pyrite stacks, and time left on debuffs is shown just like cooldowns, your stack is shown as first one(and it has minimally bigger icon). I honestly use about 5 addons total, and none of them is UI mod, and i never had problems with doing anything i was asked on raids.

Uhh, in case you didn't realize Mierzei, no one uses in game blizzard UI anymore. Anycase, I'm not talking about the ingame UI..I use pitbull and it shows the pyrite stacks under the target, but it can be hard to see when theres 5 stacks up there. I'm talking about the timer he has on the pyrite stack in the middle of his screen, this would help alot better than trying to watch the small UI target frame.

Ciderhelm
06-09-2009, 01:35 AM
That's Auracle.

Decodelbanjo
06-09-2009, 08:38 AM
Hi i was just wondering who would be good to throw up onto the boss, would you be able to throw up hybrids or is it better to have 2 ranged dps and a healer set up? Is there any point in throwing up melee or is that just way outta the question?

Sorry and finally I heard that the hard mode loot drops off of 3 towers and 4 towers, cos if so i can really only see my guild doing orbituary for the meta achievement "heroic: glory of the ulduar raider"

Contrite
06-09-2009, 09:48 AM
In your video, you reference that you use mages because they can cancel their parachute and blink away. Is there a reason that you dont have your Overload team just exit vehicle immediately after Overload has started but before they are launched in the air?

Darksend
06-09-2009, 11:15 AM
Hi i was just wondering who would be good to throw up onto the boss, would you be able to throw up hybrids or is it better to have 2 ranged dps and a healer set up? Is there any point in throwing up melee or is that just way outta the question?

Sorry and finally I heard that the hard mode loot drops off of 3 towers and 4 towers, cos if so i can really only see my guild doing orbituary for the meta achievement "heroic: glory of the ulduar raider"

only 4, yogg with 1 watcher helping vs 0 helping is the only tiered hard mode that drops loot at less than max difficulty.

As to your other question, locks and spriests are by far the most effective.

NEVER send hunters, they are deadzoned and can not attack the turret they actually land on.

Ciderhelm
06-09-2009, 03:27 PM
In your video, you reference that you use mages because they can cancel their parachute and blink away. Is there a reason that you dont have your Overload team just exit vehicle immediately after Overload has started but before they are launched in the air?
No reason, I just failed to mention this. This is exactly what our Shamans do.

tPaste
06-10-2009, 12:30 PM
I revived an old FL Thread in the Strategy Forum after seeing this video to discuss more specific points of strategy not specifically covered in the video. Unfortunately I wasn't sure should if it should be posted here or not. So anyone with insight that's willing to enlighten please contribute:
http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f214/48647-flame-leviathan-set-up.html#post236731

Kylus
06-11-2009, 11:07 PM
Thanks for the video Ciderhelm. Next week, my guild will probably start trying 2 towers in 10man, and i'm going to switch us to this strategy.

Darksend
06-11-2009, 11:51 PM
The Flame Leviathan encounter has received the following changes: the bonus health Flame Leviathan receives per tower has been reduced, the ejection height from Flame Leviathan has been reduced, the snare effect of the Tower of Frost has been removed, and the cannons on Demolishers and Siege Enginers should now break Flash Frozen vehicles in 1 shot.

Just did this 4 tower on 10 man. Did it in 3 stuns with the 10 stacks constantly dropping due to being chased. now has 88 million on 10 man.

swelt
06-12-2009, 02:22 AM
Just did this 4 tower on 10 man. Did it in 3 stuns with the 10 stacks constantly dropping due to being chased. now has 88 million on 10 man.

What vehicle setup are you using for 10 man? Or is your point that this has been nerfed into easymode and that it doesn't really matter?

Darksend
06-12-2009, 09:14 AM
What vehicle setup are you using for 10 man? Or is your point that this has been nerfed into easymode and that it doesn't really matter?

Not really much you can do in 10 man to change the setup

Honestly though his HP is not even the biggest change. The most significant one is the movement speed. It was immediately noticeable even before the first stun. You can pretty much back peddle with sprint up as a demo and he will not catch you.

Addohm
06-12-2009, 04:25 PM
wtb Filefront links.

Darksend
06-12-2009, 05:30 PM
wtb Filefront links.

Direct Downloads are available to all donors

http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f206/44105-donor-movie-download-service.html

Soraan
06-13-2009, 09:22 AM

There's not too many ways to vary it up in 10-man, but what we did was:

2 Siege (2 ppl in each)
2 Demos (3 ppl in one, 2 in the other)
1 Chopper (1 person)

The key for us was having one person get into launch position before pull, then another person (who would normally have been in the 2nd chopper) get into the passenger position. We did this so that the two people being launched would always have someone in their vehicle getting pyrite to keep the 10 stacks up. And to be honest, choppers are (imo) the least useful vehicles anyways, so having only one to pick up the turret people and lay tar was enough.

Basically:
Seige Engines - Interrupts + Killing adds (Pilot); Shooting down Pyrite + Killing Adds (Passenger) - and light dmg on FL during the stun.

Demo - Keeping 10 stacks of pyrite rolling at all times (Pilot); Picking up pyrite and one of the demos will be shooting up passengers (Passenger)

Chopper - Picking up passengers from the demo after a shutdown, laying tar on top of FL during the stun for more dmg. And just trying to stay alive as long as possible.

Like others have said, it should take no more than 3 stuns to get him down. Hope that helps.

michah
06-13-2009, 10:48 AM
damn that's like a 20% hp nerf hah.

usually we use
5 demo (3 are full time on boss, 2 are launch teams consisting of a driver and 2 lock/sp teams)
5 sieges (we assign 1 siege to each "corner area", and the turret kills the freya adds there, they are also responsible for levi interrupts if he's in their quarter of the room, 1 fulltime siege on levi for interrupts as well)
3 choppers (2 are assigned to pick up the launch teams and return them to the marked demo's, one is just useless and runs around being trash)

demo's try to maintain 10 stacks for the whole fight. if you manage to maintain a 10stack from start to finish, you'll do about 230k-240k dps as a demolisher. with 5 demo's doing between 180k-240k, levi will usually die around the 4th stun, sometimes after the 3rd if demo's have a solid run.

Mr.Winkle
06-13-2009, 06:44 PM
With the nerfs to FL is it possible to do 4 towers shutout?

Lizana
06-13-2009, 06:54 PM
No. But you can do 2 towers without shutting him down

Mr.Winkle
06-14-2009, 02:30 AM
No. But you can do 2 towers without shutting him down

Well we were doing that before the nerfs anyway. Which is why with the HP nerf to FL i wonder if it's possible to do 4 tower shutout.

Ciderhelm
06-14-2009, 03:21 AM
The problem with Shutout is that you aren't resetting his stacking speed buff, which makes kiting him w/ all the towers active extraordinarily difficult. It's probably possible to do Shutout if everything is executed flawlessly, but it'd be equivalent to finding a way to kill Thorim with a Warrior tank not wearing a shield.

cudmaster
06-15-2009, 02:23 AM
...but it'd be equivalent to finding a way to kill Thorim with a Warrior tank not wearing a shield.

Please do NOT give them ideas for achievements to spring on us in Icecrown.

:)

Addohm
06-15-2009, 09:09 PM
Direct Downloads are available to all donors

http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f206/44105-donor-movie-download-service.html

Don't you provide these movies for free?
Yep. Every last one of them can be found on the net, either through YouTube, Filefront, or WCM. Movies I make will continue to be made completely free and, when possible, available in high defintion.

In other words, you're paying for something we provide for free. I'm fine with that. This service is different because it runs on our bandwidth and gives easy, centralized access to the whole collection in a safe way. It also helps our site.

Fix that FOS statement.

Jorge
06-15-2009, 09:20 PM
Fix that FOS statement.

You might want to reconsider your definition of the word 'or'.
In all seriousness, all vids are, in fact, provided via youtube OR wcm OR filefront. So, the FOS statement is correct.
We donors pay both as a sign of gratitude to Cider, Lore and the other guys that are giving us such great movies, and to have the option to download these movies in HD.
And we have boob threads on the donor forum. Might want to check them out.

Ciderhelm
06-15-2009, 10:23 PM
Fix that FOS statement.
Or, not And.

All of our movies are in HD on YouTube. They're the same resolution (720p) as you can find on our downloads.

Addohm
06-16-2009, 03:02 AM
Have you ever tried to find a "tankspot" video, or a video with related references or similar titles, on any of the 3 afformentioned sites? lol.

Youtube HD is not much better then Youtube vanilla.

Darksend
06-16-2009, 06:47 AM
Have you ever tried to find a "tankspot" video, or a video with related references or similar titles, on any of the 3 afformentioned sites? lol.

Youtube HD is not much better then Youtube vanilla.

YouTube - Ciderhelm's Channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/Ciderhelm)

All of them right there.

Also youtube HD is exceptional quality when the uploader makes it with the intention of having it on HD on youtube. Simply hitting the HD button on videos will not automatically make them HD if the original compression does not support it. Cider has made sure they are HD supported and are as a result fairly exceptional quality.

Kazeyonoma
06-16-2009, 09:59 AM
Videos are provided in at least 1 of the 3 media sites you've mentioned and we've mentioned in our FOS. This doesn't mean that we'll have them up on every site. You can download the movies by being a donor. 720p from youtube is the exact same coding as any other HD you get streaming on the internet right now. As Darksend has mentioned some videos have the HD button, but aren't actually encoded for it and as such doesn't even change the quality of it. Take a gander at any of the videos Cider has posted and you will see that the HD quality of them are in fact at a much higher level.

If you feel a need to further discuss this please do so in a thread in Off-Topic as this thread is specifically meant for this particular encounter. Any further posts on this matter will be deleted and punishments will be handed out accordingly.

Mookey
06-17-2009, 05:21 AM
I assume with different setup of vehicles you are still doing trash clearing with normal setup? and then 2 people from siege and one from chopper get their new positions?

Lore
06-17-2009, 09:01 AM
That's correct.

It's worth noting that this video was created before the fairly hefty nerfs the encounter received late last week. It should be doable now with the standard 5 of each vehicle type. However, the reason the other strategy worked so well before is because it's more effective, so it'll definitely be easier if you can master it.

Inaara
06-17-2009, 11:26 AM
2 attempts for 4 towers. Pretty hefty nerf imo... I LOVE IT! NERF MOAR PLZ.

Mookey
06-18-2009, 01:02 AM
We went for 3 towers, our raiders have problems with vehicles since Malygos :D

However - TY Cider/Lore/TS/Eventide - this video helped a lot. We are now 5th guild on server :D thanks to you.

Thad
06-18-2009, 01:04 PM
i keep reading 3 people in 1 demolisher is it actually possible to put 3 people into 1 demolisher?

Lizana
06-18-2009, 01:10 PM
Yes, one in the launch seat, one is passenger seat one i drivers

Thad
06-18-2009, 01:14 PM
Yes, one in the launch seat, one is passenger seat one i drivers

but i thought demolishers couldn't fire when someone was loaded in the catapult? what would be the point?

Lizana
06-18-2009, 02:48 PM
So you can shoot one person on top of FL to destroy towers, and have another keeping you filled with pyrite the entire fight. Once the person that was launched gets off the person in passenger seat loads themself to be launched

Thad
06-18-2009, 03:50 PM
so basically juggling people? hmm... sounds tricky.

Lizana
06-18-2009, 05:40 PM
Not really.

You have your bike pick up the person you launched after FL goes into shutdown. As soon as the bike gets to your demolisher they call out and the person in the passenger seat loads themselves in, person that was just launched now becomes the passenger

Thad
06-18-2009, 10:12 PM
so in the 10 man we managed to do 3 towers by only sending 1 person up and using only 1 chopper and just having people in the demolisher alternate between gunner and goiing up and taking out turrets. but we couldn't do 4 towers because we just couldn't figure out how to kill Freya's adds as well having trouble keeping 10 stacks of pyrite up when ever a demolisher got chased by the boss.

any ideas?

Decodelbanjo
06-20-2009, 12:16 PM
If a demolisher gets targeted imo the best way to handle this while keeping the 10 stacks rolling is to get the passenger to use the speed boost and the backpedal while kiting and firing pyrite. The speed boost while traveling backwards is more than enough to keep ahead of the boss as long as he doesnt have >10 stacks of increased speed buff.

Xcarab
07-07-2009, 08:53 AM
My guild has been doing +2 and +3 for a while going to try and do +4 this week for the first time

Althoug we have been able to execute fairly clean +2 and +3 kills , myself as a Siege engine driver have found this problems for myself when interrupting flame vents.

Flame vents are usually cast after a shutdown which for us falls very close to the end of a target change. all siege engines satry close in order to interrupt flame vents however we end up loosing siege engiens cause of that along the way, and can get pretty tight in the end.

What would be the best strat for siege engines in order to keep them safe and still able to interrupt the flame vents when needed.

Shoudl we assign two siege engines to be in range and the other 2 to wait in the opposite corner of the room?

Bump for feedback pls.

Surmaaja
07-08-2009, 06:36 PM
What's up with interrupts failing at this boss now? I had proplems with my interrupts whole night trying 4towers, interrupt did damage the boss and I got a cd on it, but it still kept channeling vents. I have mainly been siege driver on that boss and never noticed such a thing before.

cudmaster
07-12-2009, 11:56 PM
Although we have been able to execute fairly clean +2 and +3 kills , myself as a Siege engine driver have found this problems for myself when interrupting flame vents.

I actually failed up pretty badly in my siege tank just yesterday doing 2 towers with a 25 man pug, it was embarrassing sure, but we still pulled off a one shot.

If you are calm, collected, know what you are doing, and how to deal with a messup you'll get a lot further than you will freaking out because one of your tanks got hit/killed.

There are 4 siege tanks for a reason, if you loose one, you can afford that, at least you didn't loose something singularly important like a demolisher.

While I'm sure there are people out there that will say if you get hit it means you fail at life and should cut yourself, honestly they have got it wrong.

Your siege tank has all that health for a reason, if you are not being bold and sticking your kneck out, then you are NOT using your resources to their fullest.

You should just accept it as fact that you will take at least one hit if it turns on you there is a reason your gunner can pop a shield on you and should do so pretty much anytime you are near the boss and it targets you.

The cool part is his ram will almost always throw you a distance away as well, so if you use the shield to absorb the damage, getting hit once actually becomes a proper tactic for kiting him.

Don't stress about it, just use your speed boost as soon as you can come about and get the heck outta there and above all DO NOT KITE THE BOSS THROUGH THE FIRE and everything will be cool I promise.

What's up with interrupts failing at this boss now?

We had this problem quite a bit, and waiting a second before interupting seemed to fix it. Taking one pulse > Taking all the pulses.

Of course, if you have multiple tanks available to interrupt, you can always have one try to get it right away and use the other as "backup".

Also, if you are leaving Freya's tower up, sometimes you will be out of range of the boss just barely but an add is in range so it lets you cast it... kind of annoying.

This is another reason why you have 2 or 4 tanks, don't compete to get it first, and have everyone fail and wipe the raid, when you see the vents, relax, think a happy thought about the pony you were promised and then interrupt, it isn't like recount records the interrupts your vehicle does anyway... :)

arroki
08-03-2009, 07:36 AM
Sry, not sure if theres a 10 man video or strat around for this, this post seemed most appropriate, so i have a theory, preety mush based off the video i just watched.

10 man hard mode flame leviathen

2x Choppers - Pickup passangers and delivery to demolishers - Oil slicks
2x Demolishers - Big DPS - 4 passangers available
1x Siege - Focus interupting Flame vents

Forseable issues :-
-If the Siege engine gets focuses, we lose our interupt
-If a Demolisher gets focused we lose 2 additional people as far as DPS is concerned

Benefts:-
-Stronger DPS due to 4 passangers in Demolishers
-Less time is needed to recover pyrite for Demolisher passangers, meaning they can be launched again ASAP.

i undertand im a little behind on my post asfar as progretion goes, however we are currently doing our best and putting in our all to get most of ulduar complete before the T9 patch, we are currently working on Vezax,haveing trouble with Saronite vapors and when to kill them, we have him at 50% but will get there.

thankyou for reply

Mr.Winkle
08-03-2009, 08:05 AM
Using 1 siege engine means only 3 vehicles can ever be targetted by the FL. As such a demolisher will be the aggro target and have to kite for a minimum of 50% of the encounter.

With 2 siege engines and a total of 4 kiting vehicles the minimum time demolishers can be required to kite is 0% if the FL switches back and fourth between siege engines.

Obviously option 2 is better since a kiting demolisher can't 100% focus on DPS.

Swishee
08-31-2009, 11:24 PM
I too would appreciate some clarification on how you would adapt this for 10 man (Namely the vehicle setup).

Although we haven't successfully got FL downed on HM (get awfully close 2% or so then wipe due to carelessness) here is the vehicle setup we use for our group on 10 man.

2 Sieges
2 Demolishers
1 Chopper

Here's a semi-detailed explanation.

We use one chopper only so we can go into a rotation as explained in the video. The person being launched initially waits in the chopper sidecar until a second launch from a demo is made after the overload. We use both of our demos to launch, so we have a total of 3 people being launched seperately so they can pop their DPS cooldowns to ensure that the overloads come fast. The two people not launched obviously are responsible for re-filling pyrite in the demos.

One siege is ALWAYS detailed to interupt. Note that Mimiron's tower increases fire damage MASSIVELY and hence having a person ready to interupt is imperative. Also, we discovered that flame vents happen roughly 5-8 seconds before a target change so the siege interupts and backs away in case they become the target after the change.
In the meantime, the other siege is actively taking out Freya's adds with the chopper helping when they can. Note that on 10 man oil slicks are scarce so it requires a little creativity in kiting to ensure that the adds go through the tar.
However, in our attempts what we found worked best is that the chopper gain aggro on the adds from the corners the siege was furthest away from and kite them towards the siege. This is done during the tar slick cooldowns, keeping the chopper very busy.
A word of advice though, if the chopper driver is not confident or not good enough to kite, the siege engine needs to be extra attentive. This is because, as mentioned in the video, the massive raid wide damage going on. Choppers get ripped to shreads before anything else does, and its foolish to lose a chopper due to excessive add damage

Hope this helps.

Swishee
08-31-2009, 11:29 PM
Sry, not sure if theres a 10 man video or strat around for this, this post seemed most appropriate, so i have a theory, preety mush based off the video i just watched.

10 man hard mode flame leviathen

2x Choppers - Pickup passangers and delivery to demolishers - Oil slicks
2x Demolishers - Big DPS - 4 passangers available
1x Siege - Focus interupting Flame vents

Forseable issues :-
-If the Siege engine gets focuses, we lose our interupt
-If a Demolisher gets focused we lose 2 additional people as far as DPS is concerned

Benefts:-
-Stronger DPS due to 4 passangers in Demolishers
-Less time is needed to recover pyrite for Demolisher passangers, meaning they can be launched again ASAP.

i undertand im a little behind on my post asfar as progretion goes, however we are currently doing our best and putting in our all to get most of ulduar complete before the T9 patch, we are currently working on Vezax,haveing trouble with Saronite vapors and when to kill them, we have him at 50% but will get there.

thankyou for reply

Arroki,

Having 2 choppers is always nice, but in HM that extra chopper is wasted damage. The following composition is what we have been using in our attempts and we have got very close to a kill.

2 Siege
2 Demos
1 Chopper

Have a total of 3 passengers for demos. 2 of these will always be inside the vehicle and 1 on FL. This allows for two things.
1.) all 3 DPS can use their DPS CDs to ensure quick overloads.
2.) Demos can have 10 stacks of pyrite rolling on the boss through the encounter.

Also, to help you out on your vezax problem, here's what we do

We have a DK Deathgrip the Saronite vapor near a healer and bring it to 5%. Then when the healer needs it, the DK kills it quickly for them and they step in.

Swishee
08-31-2009, 11:39 PM
What's up with interrupts failing at this boss now? I had proplems with my interrupts whole night trying 4towers, interrupt did damage the boss and I got a cd on it, but it still kept channeling vents. I have mainly been siege driver on that boss and never noticed such a thing before.

Was it the interupt during an overload? if so, we have been facing issues at times with this too. Interupting DURING an overload seems to have a decent chance of failing. We haven't found any work around yet, so we blame it on RNG messing us up. :D
But in all honesty, we have found over 95% of the times, that the vents seem to happen 5-8 seconds before a target change giving our interupting siege time enough to get that interupt in and back away to make sure that they have a safe distance in case they got persued.