PDA

View Full Version : Ulduar tanking stats, advice



Gallena
06-07-2009, 08:27 AM
I appologize if this is somewhere else and I can't find it:

With the more recent patch changes that nerfed bear stats, I was wondering if someone could give me a little bit of advice on where bear stats need to be for Ulduar tanking, right now this is what I have, and i know I'm a bit short, just not quite sure how much.

Unbuffed: 29947hp, 26347 armor, 35.8% dodge, 3.08% (101) hit, and expertise capped.
Buffed with Mark of the Wild: 30697hp, 27507 armor, and 36.74% dodge

I've been told that this is fine for naxx, and I'm getting mixed results on it's effectiveness in Ulduar 10, anyone care to help me out with a definitive answer on where my stats need to be for Uld 10 (and 25 if possible) tanking as a Bear druid?

pnut14486
06-07-2009, 03:06 PM
its abit of everything really, if ur guild is still progressing into ulduar start stackin stamina.. i wouldnt worry too much bout expertise an all that jargon u'll get enough from gear drops.. dont worry too much bout the dodge factor if ur just starting out bout 35% is bout enough but u want to be at least near 40k hp if ur gonna do the whole stackin stam thing.

apart from that ur fine really jus abit more stam an you shouldnt be worrying.

Gallena
06-08-2009, 11:18 AM
Yeah, I didn't really set out to gear for expertise, or necessarily hit, though I hear that Hit can help with growl, I haven't tanked that level to know if I'm missing, but I'm setting up to pick up the growl glyph so i shouldn't have to worry much about missing with growl. As for the expertise on the gear, i really just was taking it where i was getting it and not necessarily searching for it. Nice to hear that my tanking set is pretty close to where it needs to be for the backup role that i was making it as (I'm standardly a moonkin.)

pnut14486
06-10-2009, 03:30 PM
more than backup mate u should be able to MT alot of encounters.. 60% of tanking is confidence to charge in head first, the other 40% is a mix of skill, rotation and being cool when something unexpected happens.
thats good thing with ur gearing options so u will be fine i think, more stamina as i always say.. if ur still abit unsure of tanking then take a sidekick role as an off-tank till u feel ready to try things.