PDA

View Full Version : Glyphing defensively, 3rd glyph

Soldatty
06-06-2009, 05:52 PM
I recently switched from 15/5/51 to 5/10/56.

Here is my armory. The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Staghelm&n=Soldat)

My hit is a bit high right now, I need to shift some things around as I just picked up new gloves, but my real question is this.

I felt a bit squishy in Ulduar, so I switched to a defensive spec. I went from the glyphs: Revenge, Blocking, HS to Blocking, SW, LS. I was wondering if I should use blocking or would revenge actually be better to help curtail some threat loss?

Do people find they have significant threat issues on the more defensive spec? I have a few glyphs so I can switch things around and see personally, but I just wanted an outside perspective.

Wukki
06-07-2009, 01:21 AM
I found that with few exceptions, I always had more than enough rage. I would go with blocking for bigger shield slam hits.

For your threat loss, most people don't realize just how valuable impale is for threat. You can either pick it back up, grab glyph of vigilance, or get a raid of 24 hunters. You are also gemming for hit. Point for point, expertise would be better as expertise is: +hit, +threat, and +survivability.

Muffin Man
06-07-2009, 02:10 AM
Revenge isn't that useful on bosses honestly. They usually fill you right up every time they smash you. I'd go with blocking as well.

Rather than getting into the expertise vs. hit debate again ;). Soldatty, until the softcap, expertise is roughly twice as important as hit. Once you hit the soft cap then you can search for the arguments on hit vs. expertise :p.

Fayre
06-07-2009, 06:46 AM
I went with Blocking and haven't regretted it yet :)

Soldatty
06-07-2009, 07:29 AM
Alright, thank you! That's what I used last night in Uld 10-man and I didn't see to have any issues.

I'll probably keep blocking for a while. And I've mostly been gemming for hit because of the yellow sockets and still wanting to pick up some threat along with bonuses. Hopefully I can get a new helm with expertise on it soon and some other pieces to boot.