PDA

View Full Version : a gemming question

Thad
06-06-2009, 05:06 PM
so I've always had a problem deciding on what gems i should be using as i usually socket towards the socket bonus. I've noticed that ciderhelm has been gemming with dodge, stam and a high amount of defense.

has anyone else tried this and know if its a good way to go?

Lizana
06-06-2009, 05:10 PM
It all depends on the content your running and what your char needs at that time. I personally hardly ever go for the socket bonus unless its a good bonus. Block Rating bonus, no thanks, +9000 dodge okay, i would pick that one up.

The best thing to do is get a balance in your gear, and find something that works for you as a tank.

PS... This isnt the HELP me forum...

Thad
06-06-2009, 05:21 PM
darn sorry this site has way too many categories always end up missing something like that. well i'm sure it will end up getting moved.

well what ends up being better in the long run, hit and expertise or defense and dodge?

Fetzie
06-06-2009, 05:32 PM
At the beginning you simply dont want to die, you want to stay alive to get the kills and the loot. when your raid has more DPS and better healers, as well as your gear getting better you start gemming for threat so that your dps dont rip the mob off you.

sicness
06-06-2009, 05:56 PM
At first gem to fulfill your requirements to be defense 'capped'. From there gem for dodge and/or stam. If you don't need the socket bonus go with stam, otherwise use the dodge/stam gem or the defense/stam gem. Never gem for parry.