PDA

View Full Version : Fury gear/how to gear it/some of us are still here

Aterror
06-06-2009, 11:48 AM
Ok, so i know about 90% of warriors now are arms dps wise, and that's just fine. My main spec, is actually prot however I do go dps for many fights that are 1 tankable and/or for hardmodes in 10 man.

In anycase, all I can find recently is arms, and I'm wondering how important armor pen is for fury. I choose fury because we don't have a feral druid. Also, I've been told that since I'm way over soft hit cap, that I shouldn't even use the grim toll and to put it the Mirror of Truth. As crazy as it sounds, my dps just is always better with it. So my questions is this :

1) Gem and put more gear in that has armor pen ??

2) Grim toll vs Mirror of truth or other trinkets w/ crit.

Remember guys, you all are the smart ones, this is for FURY spec, not arms :P. I read all day about tanking and everything, and I'm really just trying to help out my dps in my off spec, my gear looks like this.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Durotan&n=Aterror)

Thanks for your time gentlemen/ladies, hope to hear from you soon.

Brucimus
06-06-2009, 01:07 PM
Is the Tier 7.5 chest available to you? ....and once you get that dump the 7.5 gloves for almost anything else

another thing I would do is ...try to get a Death's Bite over either one of those Ulduar weapons

Aterror
06-06-2009, 01:17 PM
yeah I do have the chest available, as well as Death's Bite. How is DB better than those ulduar weapons and the chest an upgrade?

Bulk
06-06-2009, 04:10 PM
Sorry Brucimus, both those items you mentioned are downgrades is almost every way - I'm not sure I'm following your logic on that unless you replied to the wrong post...

Edit: I should say that I also play fury and from what I've read STR should still be our main gemming focus because of the imp zerker stance talent - I also use grim toll and similarly have found it to be a dps boost. I should add that lots of hit for a fury warrior isn't a bad thing as a lot of fury damage/rage gen is from white hits.

Nidhoggr
06-06-2009, 05:21 PM
The reason why your dps is going down with mirror of truth instead of grim toll could be this:

There is in fact the possibility of having more dps when you keep your hit as close as possible to 8% and invest the "free" item budged in strenght. But the less hit you have, the harder fury is to play, because you gain rage more unpredictable and in huge splashes. So you have to have a closer look at your current rage, your cooldowns, deciding when to stop hs spam etc etc etc. On the other hand, when you start with hs spam to late, you will lose rage because you failed to dump it soon enough and your next incoming rage is wasted, resulting in less dps, too.

Keep playing with mirror of truth and train to keep track of your rage, your cooldowns and you will notice an increase of your dps soon.

Foolish
06-08-2009, 07:58 AM
You do more dps with Grim Toll because of the ArP proc. Even if it had 0 hit rating and was only the proc, it would probably be higher dps. Stick with gemming for Strength as fury, the difference will be slight, or if you absolutely want to know, check out the dps warrior spreadsheet on EJ. Swap one of your 16 Strength gems for a 16 Expertise gem so that you are capped at 26. Your crit is really low, you can blame that on the itemization of Ulduar gear.

Brucimus
06-08-2009, 03:58 PM
your crit is really low, you can blame that on the itemization of Ulduar gear.

That's Why...I think I would have Death's Bite in my offhand and be using the 7.5 chest

Foolish
06-09-2009, 08:45 AM
Wear whatever increases your dps, don't worry about specific stats. Since starting Ulduar, my unbuffed crit has dropped from 40% to 33%, yet my dps has steadily increased. The added ArP and Str makes up for the loss of crit. His dps will go down if he uses the 7.5 chest or DB. If you really want a better idea of gearing, you are doing yourself a disservice if you aren't checking out the warrior dps spreadsheet on EJ. It is quite accurate in predicting gear upgrades if you use it properly.