PDA

View Full Version : DK TPS needs help

Yasu_Executus
06-06-2009, 03:48 AM
Iv searched the threds and found nothing. I am a blood DK tank.
My rotation is DnD> IT> PS> HS>HS> DS> rins repeat
my aoe is fine its my singel target TPS im haveing a prob with. I amd fighting to keep it.

I dont know why and its makeing me want to stop tankin beacuse im having tps probs. My guild is wondering whats going on also. I get in grps with dk blood tanks same spec same rotation and there gear isnt close to mine and there doing fine.

My imba link
Be Imba! - the online Character Auditor for World of Warcraft (http://be.imba.hu/?zone=US&realm=Executus&character=Yasu)

My wow armory link
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Executus&n=Yasu)

a link to my spec

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Executus&n=Yasu)

Yes i know some items need upgraded.

Can some one please hel and point me in the right direction.
Thank you

Satorri
06-07-2009, 06:32 AM
At a glance, from your gear, you're in an ok place, not one that should strain threat. You're a bit over the hit cap and a bit under the expertise soft cap. Bear in mind, with Blood 50-60% of our threat are physical swings that can be dodged/parried.

From your spec, it's a little shakey though it shouldn't be a big honking deal. First, you are spec'd to use Oblit, though you don't need to, you don't mention using it. I also see you have glyph of disease. Do you DnD on CD? Do you reapply with IT/PS every other rune set?

As Blood, don't invest in DnD glyphing and use on CD. It's a little too passive and too costly next to other tools you have unless you're dealing with pulls larger than 6 mobs.

Your mode of operation should be to use DS to convert FU pairs into Death runes. HS will be a hard hitting work-horse for threat. DS can also be used when you need healing and it will heal you for a lot. With glyph of disease you'll only need to hit IT/PS at the very start of the fight and refresh them with pestilence down the road. There are two talents that can support this and let you stretch out into a lot more threat: Epidemic and Subversion. Epidemic means you can go 6 more seconds (4 more GCDs in a perfect world) before having to refresh diseases. Because HS is such pivotal threat, 9% more crit is a huge damage increase on a pivotal tool. Subversion is what makes Might of Mograine so much more worth taking. If you do not use Oblit, which like I said you don't need to with DS the way it is, then your investment in Frost is not at all optimal. Black Ice is a pretty mediocre value since it is half buffing IT (which as I mentioned in your setup you'll use once per fight ideally), and half buffing Death Coil which is not a bad thing with Sudden Doom, but it is very much buffing a weak link in your threat tools. Annihilation really only earns its value on making Oblit more easily used, the 3% melee special crit is really just an ancillary bonus. Those 8 pts can be shifted to talents (like I mentioned above) for more threat. If you pull the full 8 since the only reason to get Black Ice is to reach Annihilation, 5 pts to the above is a good start, and if you're looking for pure threat I'd drop the last 3 in Ravenous Dead or Necrosis.

One thing that will make a noticeable increase in your threat is that as your gear improves your avoidance will as well, distinctly. Right now you're sporting only about 40% dodge+parry using an avoidance trinket, which is fine for your gear level, but it will represent fewer RS procs. Regardless of spec RS will be your single largest threat tool even without gemming or trinketing for avoidance. For Blood this is especially so thanks to Bloody Vengeance and Blood-gorged which buff RS damage WAY up.

Beyond those, it's just a matter of sharp tanking and pushing those runes. If you don't use Blood Tap or ERW, look into finding ways of popping them smartly they can buff your threat up very well when it matters if you are on the ball.

IcyDeth
06-07-2009, 01:38 PM
You can also cast hysteria on yourself also to get some more dps right away, although you may want to give it to one of the dps in the group. Just a thought, Satorri gives alot of good advice that I have to use myself.

Yasu_Executus
06-07-2009, 10:50 PM
Every time i can drop my DnD I drop it Ty for your help im try it out.
I use my IT and PS insted of refresh with presil beacuse it does mor dmg i do IT PS Pres on AOE mobs.

Jaeden
06-08-2009, 02:13 PM
Another thing to add in:

Macro Rune Strike into your abilities. That way you are using one of your highest threat abilities all the time.

Example:

#showtooltip Plague Strike
/cast Plague Strike
/cast !Rune Strike

The exclamation prevents detoggling.