PDA

View Full Version : RS problems

Myrddraak
06-06-2009, 12:07 AM
I have a few questions.
First off my armory The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kalecgos&n=Myddraal)
For some reason i dont seem to be getting alot of RS procs. Ive heard that every 2-3secs i should ideally be getting a RS out but i only seem to get them every once in awhile and i hit it every time its up. I dont have a problem with threat but i figured it would be nice to have even more to make up for some of the gear gaps starting to pop up.
Also my EH seems low for some reason. Am i gemmed and chanted wrong or am i just missing stuff.
Also any advice is helpful and appreciated

Satorri
06-07-2009, 06:13 AM
Well, I think you've been misinformed as far as frequency. If you're talking about a boss, single target, then you're taking swings roughly every 2 sec (note: only things that CAN be dodged/parried, meaning pretty much melee swings, can proc RS, duh right?). If you had 100% avoidance then it would be reasonable to see every 2-3 sec, but that would also translate into no swings taken and 100% RS replacing melee swings. So, what is reasonable proc frequency?

You have a bit shy of 52% avoidance against a boss, and only 42% of that can proc RS (dodge/parry). This requires that you be facing the target(s) swinging at you. If you are being attacked from the front by a single target, hitting you once every 2 sec, that's 30 swings per minute and with that avoidance you could expect to dodge/parry roughly 13. Using general averages that's about once every 5 sec. In reality things are not even spaced, so you can proc it two swings in a row or not for 6 swings in a row, though the latter is an improbable scenario it does happen. You may just not feel like it's proc'ing much because you happen to watch a string of miss/hits, including damage sources which cannot be dodged/parried to proc the RS. Tanking multiple things can increase you proc rate, but bear in mind that you can only spend RS once every weapon swing (3 sec ish depending on haste) and two dodges between swings will not proc more than one RS.

Your socketing etc looks fine, and I can appreciate wanting to stack pure health for Blood spec, but bear in mind that you can get a better net survival value if you actually take many of those socket values. For example, your shoulders have a red socket and a 6 stam bonus. If you split the socket to pick up some more expertise you'd only lose 6 stam but get the full red half of the gem. Of course, level your JC and things get much tidier. =) Make a Monarch Crab, pop a few jewelers gems in there and you'll get your socket bonuses and bonus stam.

Myrddraak
06-08-2009, 10:10 PM
Thanks satorri for clearing that up. Ill look at my socket bonuses and see what i can do.