PDA

View Full Version : Threat Issue in endgame content.

HiveSteel
06-05-2009, 03:42 PM
I'm in a Ulduar 25 raiding guild currently working on hard modes, and I have been unlucky with drops. Our dps is pretty spoiled, and I've been finding myself having a pretty hard time with threat.

This is my armory:
Arthas - AliŽna

I use the rotation: (Assuming no SnB procs)

1.Shield Slam
2.Devastate
3.Devastate
4.Shockwave/Concussive Blow/Thunder Clap/Demoralizing Shout (Whatever is not on CD)
5.Shield Slam (Up after 3 Global Cooldowns)
Using Heroic Strike as much as rage permits it.
If SnB procs, I use it immidiately. If Revenge procs and Shield Slam isn't up, I use it immediately.

So I am wondering if there is anything I can do to glyphs/gear/gems/rotation to improve my threat.

Recent report: World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis (http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/krmxNk845ah5Um5q/) (Note: I ain't tanking on the Hodir hard mode attempts)

On a side note...What should I buy with my conquest badges? =/

Wars
06-05-2009, 03:54 PM
well just something that's jumping out at me is the starting rotation in which you're using. First, I would obviously start off with a SS, but with this you should be blowing shield block to increase your initial SS, then revenge should be up since you're going to get a block with any physical damage.

Once SS and Revenge are on CD, blow Shockwave and Conc blow. Once you have this done, SS and Revenge should be coming off cd and you can start with the priority system of:

1: SS
2: Revenge
3: Conc/Shock
4: Tclap/Demo if falling off
5: Dev

Also, for hard modes, you need to find a balance between survivability and threat in your gear. You need to survive the massive damage coming into you on things like steelbreaker and also still have the TPS to hold off people doing 10k+ dps on hodir.

For each of us its going to be different as drops seem to be few and far between for a lot of us tanks.

One thing I've also noted is that if you're having problems with starting threat, make sure you glyph vigi if you're worried more about threat than survivability. You can survive with one less survival trinket and one more threat trinket. Its about your balance and working with the people in your group.

Good luck!

HiveSteel
06-06-2009, 09:49 AM
I sure will try to increase my initial threat that way, and to get glyph of vigilance.

Thanks for the advice.