PDA

View Full Version : Execessive Expertise?

arythian
06-05-2009, 03:33 PM
Hello, I was wondering if any of you can answer my question. I have 28 expertise w/o seal of corruption up which is 7% reduction. I still have that seal of corruption glyph which gives me 10 extra expertise which increases my expertise to 38 (9.50%). I was wondering if the dodge reduction from the glyph is beneficial enough to weigh out me replacing the glyph with another.

I do not stack expertise intentionally, it just happens to be on a ton of the gear I use. Also, I do not gem expertise if you were wondering.

I know the expertise caps are:
Expertise Cap
Soft Cap (Dodge) - 26 Expertise, 214 rating, 6.5%
Hard Cap (Parry) - 56 Expertise, 460 rating, 14%

Thanks for taking time to look at my post ^.^

Lizana
06-05-2009, 03:40 PM
As a pally, at that point until you drop in expertise from gear, i would change to a different glyph. Expertise is not nearly as good as a threat stat, and while you are reducing parries still, it is a very minor survivability increase. You could even pick up the LOH glyph and use it as an extra cooldown while tanking...

arythian
06-05-2009, 03:42 PM
Hmm. I was thinking the glyph of hammer righteous as the replacement glyph. Thanks for your help :)

Lizana
06-05-2009, 06:32 PM
that is a possibility as well

jere
06-05-2009, 06:40 PM
If you are interested, here is a TPS breakdown of the glyphs. It assumes a fairly standard 969 rotation (unless noted otherwise) and I think a prot/ret build.

Maintankadin • View topic - Theck's MATLAB TPS analysis (A Jonesy derivative work) (http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/viewtopic.php?p=438063#p438063)

Ieatpugs
06-06-2009, 08:22 PM
I'd recommend trying to drop expertise from your gear.

Those pants and boots aren't very optimal compared to similar or even lower ilvl gear, for a prot paladin. Expertise is the very last stat you be getting as a prot pally.

While over the soft cap, the SoV glyph is a poor threat boost. Below it, it is easily one of the best.