PDA

View Full Version : Question about stats

Geiste
06-05-2009, 12:47 PM
Hey all, I have a question about pally tanking stats. Which is more important to have, dodge/parry or block? Ive seen conflicting info on this. I would think it would be dodge/parry, however it seems that there is a lot of gear that really stacks block. So what is better to stack? Also, what ratio of dodge and/or parry is acceptable to sack for block, and vis versa? Thanks in advance for any responses.

doomwarder
06-06-2009, 06:00 AM
Ok which is better dodging a hit that would have hit for 20k, parrying a hit that would have hit for 20k or blocking a hit and taking anywhere from 18-19k damage. Don't get me wrong I have a block set for trash but for bosses I either wear my HP set or my avoidance set.

I take pride in having situational gear. Block imo is great for lots of small packs of trash, but bosses hit WAAYY to hard for block to be a respectable mitigation skill. On bosses I normally run about 24-26% dodge, 18-20% parry, and 20% block before any talents and buffs.

I have only tanked Ulduar 10 man once and my gear seemed to be sufficient.

jere
06-06-2009, 06:07 AM
Go for dodge/parry over block. I don't think it hurts to have a healthy bit of Block Value (I sometimes where block value items), but in general, the avoidance pieces are a better choice at the moment.

However, they are looking at changing block in the future, so don't just toss your BV pieces yet or anything.