PDA

View Full Version : Drok has a problem. (Unholy DK tank)

Droknathar
06-05-2009, 07:28 AM
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Exodar&n=Droknathar)
There's the armory. I have a couple questions to the people that use tankspot regularly. One, how good does that spec seem to a wide variety of tanks. Other thing is, with my play style I've seen that the TPS for frost kinda sucks and I'm torn between blood and unholy. Unholy has bone shield and decent TPS. The spec I've been using for blood doesn't pick up WotN or rune tap, focusing mainly on obliterate and crits for some fairly high TPS. I just want some people that know a lot about DK tanking or tanking in general to point me in the right direction. I'm kind of new to tanking, just started when WotLK came out. Thanks for your time and input.
PS: Figured I'd add in something about my personality at the end, a quote from The Dark Knight which kind of fits my aproach to tanking.
"Do I really look like a man with a plan, Harvey? I don't have a plan. The mob has plans, the cops have plans. you know what I am, Harvey? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught one. I just DO things.

Theotherone
06-05-2009, 10:13 AM
I've been a frost tank for a while now, and I really don't have any issues with threat. Based on your gear (and it looks like you're more experienced than I based on the gear - I'd link my armory, but I left my dk is in its dps spec after grinding some dailies before work) you may want to enchant your gloves with Armsman (Parry and 2% threat). Also, as frost how were you pulling? I find regardless of the pull, putting down DnD helps a lot, espeically if you have the glyph followed by a quick HB or IT. Some argue that for single pulls you don't need DnD, but since I've speced for the faster cooldown and glyphed for the greater damage, why not use it?

Forgive me if I'm just kind of stating the obvious, just trying to help.

mandible
06-05-2009, 10:28 AM
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Garona&n=sputniq)

My spec is similiar with less threat based talents, as I haven't had a problem with threat so far, but about to hit Hodir in 25's tonight.
I know my belt/boots aren't gemmed yet, just got them crafted last night.

I would personally think that your biggest problem would be your hit rating.
Now I know my spec isn't perfect yet, there's a couple talents here and there I want to tweak.
Until my dps catches me on threat though I'm picking up as much mitigation as I can.
I usually open with a DnD->IT->PS->Pest this on it's own is usually enough to give me a solid lead.
I have rune strike macro'd in with all of my strike abilities as even mashing that button all the time I felt like I was missing some opportunities to get that off. ( this does sometimes have fights where it's not helpful but the majority it really helps )
If you have a WWS report that may shed more light on where you are falling behind.