PDA

View Full Version : How many Expertise as Warrior?

Strongbow
06-04-2009, 11:40 PM
Maybe some of the skilled Warriors could give me some help.

Within BC I always tried to have approximately 14% Expertise to prevent avoidance and parry from the boss as this was one of the most important stat to get enough TPS
Now today I see lot of defensive Warriors who only have between 6 and 8% Expertise. :confused:

What do you think, how many Expertise make sense?

Cheers

Strongbow

ryofu
06-04-2009, 11:43 PM
It really depends on what you are tanking. For my Threat set i have 7.5% hit and 14% expertise, however if you are tanking certain bosses in Ulduar like Hardmode Thorim, Vezax, XT hardmode you will probably want to wear a survival set with lots of mitigation and avoidance coupled with a more survival focused spec.

But definitely if you are tanking Hodir Hardmode you would want as much hit and expertise as you can muster up to the caps since the TPS requirement for that fight is very high.

If i am not wrong the caps for prot warriors in wotlk are

8% hit
14% expertise

Irulan
06-04-2009, 11:47 PM
caps are correct :)

Odok
06-08-2009, 01:19 AM
A lot of warriors have low expertise because the "main" tanking pieces don't have a lot on it. However, there are loads of off pieces in Ulduar that have piles of it. So with a bit of farming it's actually pretty easy to gather up a 14% threat set. Even so, I try to stay at around 6% expertise (give or take 1% or so) in my avoidance set. I really wish there was... a single freaking tanking axe in Ulduar so I can make use of my racial. Every tanking weapon in there is a sword or a mace. Screw you, humans.

We probably won't be seeing Expertise as an avoidance stat until later in the raiding tiers when tanking items are itemized beautifully. I still miss my Steely Naaru Sliver. :(

Felonys
06-16-2009, 10:53 AM
I was under the impression that the human racial was sword AND mace ??

Heladys
06-16-2009, 11:27 AM
I was under the impression that the human racial was sword AND mace ??

It is both.

xordon
06-16-2009, 11:42 AM
Humans get 3 Expertise with swords and maces
Dwarfs get 5 Expertise with maces
Orcs get 5 Expertise with axes