PDA

View Full Version : Glyph of Devastate Question

Azuli
06-04-2009, 08:06 AM
I was recently looking around at some other Prot. Warrior's armory pages to see if they are doing anything different from what I already know and try to learn and even incorporate some good ideas into what I do as a tank. I came across Kungen from Ensidia, I think we've all heard of him. Anyways he was using this glyph with SW and LS glyphs and a pure EH gear and talent setup for their recent Alagon world firsts. Just wondering on why he was using it, maybe it more of a threat generator than say the armsman glove enchant, or the vigilance glyph.

I would like to see/read some math on threat values associated with this glyph, which applies two stacks of the sunder armor debuff when devastate is used. Mainly just to see if the second application of the sunder armor debuff has its own threat or just throws itself up with no extra threat. Then I would like to know if this works even after the 5th sunder stack, so wondering if it gives devastate threat as usual after 5th stack + sunder armor threat.

I have no reliable means of testing this myself, so i rely on the expertise/knowledge of the TankSpot community.

If there is a post already with this information, I have yet to find it and would appreciate a link, I checked Satrina's threat post and some others but no luck...

Azuli - Sacred Ground - Stormrage - U.S.

tuffmuffin
06-04-2009, 10:26 AM
http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f14/43175-glyph-devastate-double-check-me.html

Yes, it does increase threat, and getting Sunder stacked to 5 quicker is never a bad thing

Azuli
06-04-2009, 10:36 AM
Thanks for the link, I guess that answers the original question of the post, now to test if its comparable threat gen to armsman enchant and the extra 5% vigilance glyph.