PDA

View Full Version : Gear Advice

chrisvaughan0101
06-04-2009, 07:18 AM
Hi guys, long time reader, first time poster.

Over the last few weeks, I have been gearing up my Paladin tank.

I just want to post my Armoury Link and would love to know what you all think of my gear and spec. Where improvements could be made and such. Currently working on Sons of Hodir rep right now, so that will be up in the next week.

According to something I was on before (sorry for the lack of clarity) it said that the recommended instances for me was Naxx 25, OS25 and EoE 10.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Earthen+Ring&n=Lilt)

Thanks in advance guys.

~ Lilt

headknocker
06-04-2009, 10:45 AM
Hi,

Assuming you want to keep divinity, I would suggest this build:
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/talent-calc.xml?cid=2&tal=0000000000000000000000000055005135003102311333 31232151130050000000000000000000)

Conviction will give you better return than SotP. Most folks go without divinity and put those points in divine guardian and crusade, but divinity is a valid choice.

You can dump the glyph of spiritual attunement and go with glyph of vengence. I would also suggest glyph of divine plea (3% damage reduction) instead of either Glyph of HotR or judgement (if you're fine on boss fights, I'd dump judgement and keep the 4 add ability). Add Lay on Hands and Sense Undead as your minor glyphs. Probably dump might.

Your gear looks fine for where you are in progression. Keep grinding wrymrest rep until you get breastplate of the solemn council. If you haven't already done so, pick up essence of gossamer from h AN. Hope for dragonbrood legguards from your H OS runs. The two slots that I used for my 2 piece set bonus were shoulders and hands as both are near best in slot (for the level). The T7 chest is also an upgrade over breastplate of the solmen council, but if you can get one of the naxx chests to drop, you're better off. If not, by then you'll have enough badges to buy the T7 piece, i'd just buy it last unless you're having problems getting into naxx runs.

I prefer the Stam/armor meta gem, but you may have to swap that a couple of times as your gear moves around.

chrisvaughan0101
06-05-2009, 02:22 AM
I have Essence of Gossamer also, but in regards to my gear, Lavanthor's Talisman is taking my block from mid 13% to mid 17% on its own virtually. I take it as I progress through Naxx 10/25 gear will come that gives me more block?

Also I have ditched my parry gems.. Which I have been intending to do for a while now. And ditched a defence gem as my defence was above 560.

Should I have Essence of Gossamer over Repelling Charge until I build more stamina up in my gear? Or should I look to temporarily replace Repelling Charge with the epic dodge trinket from Badges of Heroism? I used that /script....... After using Holy Shield, and it says I am on 95.6.

Any more advice would be a great help, thanks in advance.

headknocker
06-05-2009, 05:38 AM
Having both is good. For boss fights, the avoidance and stam will scale better than block rating. What laventhor's is doing for you is taking 4-5% of hits and reducing the damage from them by 1200 or so. Thus it will scale better based on number of hits and for smaller hits, i.e. trash packs. When you have fewer hits or bigger hits, the stam/avoidance (repelling charge and essence of goss) model will work better. As you gear up, you'll get block capped without laventhor's and you'll end up using repelling/goss as your mainstay (or valor medal of the first war).