PDA

View Full Version : Having rage problems again, will this spec work?

Kahadija
06-03-2009, 03:19 PM
I was in Ulduar-10 last night (my guild only runs 10's) and main tanked up through Hodir. We've had these bosses down for a while now, and tonight I really noticed significant rage problems thanks to lengthy avoidance streaks. At the time, I was the standard Ulduar 5/15/51 spec, which may seem like overkill, but really isn't when you're doing 10-man progression in 10-man gear.

In an effort to combat the fact that I was having really streaky rage generation, I switched my spec to 8/10/53 (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#LAZGVZMItrx0didIzsGo:rTdMzm). Since I know I don't need 5/5 Imp Demo Shout (that's only for Heroic Vezax), should I be using a more standard Deep Wounds spec (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#LAM00fZhZMItrx0didIzsGo:rTdMzm) instead? Or will that hurt my survivability too much?

Dubzil
06-03-2009, 03:23 PM
You don't lose any avoidance, I don't see how it will help your situation at all.

I doubt you out-gear the instance enough that its a real rage issue rather than just some lucky streaks maybe at bad times.

I'd suggest switching any avoidance gems/chants over to stm/HP chants or gems, will help with those lucky/unlucky streaks.

If you are having threat issues then DW will help.

Kahadija
06-03-2009, 03:37 PM
I worded that title very badly, I think. I'm hoping that pushing up the threat generation in my spec will make up for the fact that I'm having rage issues on a lot of the content. However, I'm worried about Mimiron, Vezax and Yogg in terms of survivability if I do so.

ETA: I know it was streaks, rather than pure gear-based issues of the kind I started having in Naxx-10 toward the end, but it seemed to happen a few times on every boss last night, which was worrying. I don't gem for avoidance, and my avoidance enchants are mostly necessary def enchants, so there's not really anything I can change there.

Holyberry
06-03-2009, 05:54 PM
I stopped tanking on my warrior back when ZA came out, but picking up/switching to a faster weapon always helped me (and most other warriors that are friends of mine).