PDA

View Full Version : I am in need of some advice

Torquema
06-03-2009, 03:10 PM
Hi all,

I am a prot warrior and one of the main tanks in my guild but when tanking in Ulduar on some bosses it seems as if im getting hit with massive amounts but yet im above the defence cap and am a little confused about why this is happening. The other tanks dont seem to be having theese issues as much as myself.

I was wondering if someone could maybe give me some advice on maybe what is going wrong i have put a link to my armory below if people would be kind enough to go look. Perhaps i could be putting the wrong gems in or perhaps the wrong enchants maybe even my spec im a bit unsure, but its a bit soul destroying when im trying so hard and seem to be getting nowhere but getting worse please offer me some advice.

My armory link The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormrage&n=Torquema)

Wukki
06-03-2009, 11:37 PM
Nothing at first glance looks wrong, except your dodge is high in relation to everything else.

Got a WWS of you dying a lot? :D

Aethelas
06-03-2009, 11:49 PM
I have 33.1k health unbuffed and I feel squishy in Ulduar 25. Sadly it feels like warriors take a bit bigger spikes than other tanks currently.

I spotted you gemming for parry and expertise... Now the occasional expertise/stam gem could work if you're low on the soft cap (which you seem to be) but I'd rather survive first, do threat later. You're also quite high on block by the looks of it - you sure you're better served by the block gauntlets over the T7.5? (should you have those).

Gordiggan
06-04-2009, 04:35 AM
I've switched from deep wounds spec into an imp demo shout spec to help mitigate some of the damage. I've also grabbed the shield wall and last stand glyphs so I can use them far more often.

In many cases, I start out an encounter by hitting shield wall right off the bat to give healers more time to get into position just in case i get two large hits right off the bat.

Torquema
06-04-2009, 09:01 AM
Unfortunatley the WWS from last night which has trigerd me asking for advice is not up yet but as soon as they are up i will put a post up on it. But i would like to thank you people for your replys, appreciate you taking the time to try help me out. :D

Azuli
06-04-2009, 09:26 AM
Is it on a specific boss or trash mob? I have noticed some fights and trash pulls we tend to lose a tank 50% of the time.