PDA

View Full Version : Tanking spec help?

Greendawn
06-03-2009, 12:41 PM
Alright so I have always been pretty bad at specing my characters and could use some help with my paladin tank,

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Azgalor&n=Igotsahat&group=1)

There is my Armory...

I have seen many people not grab reckoning, but i'm not sure the reasoning behind that, it has always seemed good to me.

But if anyone has advice for a spec feel free to toss it at me!

On another note, I was wondering how I have so little health, I feel like I have really good gear (for the most part) but my health never seems to go up? Although once I get my +111 Stam trinket from Heroic AN and finish my JC to get that trinket, my health might jump up a bit...

Thanks for the help!

xenogriff
06-05-2009, 12:50 AM
first off....max out Divine Strength, more strength = more damage mitigated when blocked

2nd, with spiritual attunement, divine plea and blessing of sanc - u shouldnt be running out of mana, 10% mana reduction is pointless and besides, u gave up 5% parry?? think mitigation!! not mana reduction

3rd, get touched by the light maxed out - u might not have any threat issues now but as ur dps gears up more, u will most likely have threat issues - besides more spell dmg = more dps done on ur part :p

lastly please get ur helm and shoulder enchants, argent crusade revered and start the Sons of Holdir quest chain...sorry pet peeve of mine, unenchanted items bug me

headknocker
06-05-2009, 05:54 AM
Do The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc.xml?cid=2&tal=0000000000000000000000000035005035003102311333 31232151130050000300000000000000)

You can take the 3 in divinity and put them in divine sacrifice/guardian if you prefer.

Put a dodge/stam gem in your shoulders.

Reckoning isn't actively bad it just produces less threat/damage than spending the points in the ret tree.

Bolstered legplates would be slightly better legs for you. Your best bet is actually dragonbrood legguards from H OS. If your guild isn't running that, its easy enough to pug.

Get the shoulder and head enchants.

Switch your glyphs to vengence/divine plea/judgement (major) and add sense undead and lay on hands (minor)