PDA

View Full Version : Eeeek Its Ulduar Tonight! Need gear and badge help

Buupu
06-03-2009, 12:11 PM
Hi there all,

So Tonight, its Ulduar for the first time as a guild on 25-Man. Im one of the MTs
Now my problems is my gear and the fact that I have 88 badges of Valor to spend.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Khaz%27goroth&n=Buupu)

What Im weighing up currently is either to spend my badges on my T7.5 Shoulders or Legs given what Im wearing at the moment.

I know that I need more Expertise and probably some more Hit but is there anything else I should gem for...Once I get my new gear.

Im really looking for what would give me the biggest Upgrade to help us progress.

Any Help is much Appreciated. Thanks! And wish us luck :)

Kerchunk
06-03-2009, 12:28 PM
Your Expertise and Hit are actually fine.

I wouldn't worry too much about spending your badges on an upgrade right now, either one would be nice but you will replace both shortly and your current gear is sufficient to progress through most Ulduar-25 bosses up to Mimiron.

Biggensak
06-03-2009, 12:34 PM
I'd say grab the T7.5 shoulders - Kolgarn drops Saronite Plated Legguards - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45267) which should be a nice avoidance upgrade over your current leg. Freya drops your shoulder token for T8.5. Don't forget to bring the leg kit along with you in case of a lucky first kill drop.

There are no non tier tank shoulders in 25-man Uldar and the token drop is from Yoggie. :) Thorim's cache of storms drops the T8 shoulder token which might be an easier kill with better itemization on an off night.

Ferag
06-03-2009, 12:42 PM
Your expertise and hit are just fine. When I tank, I gem straight stamina. I would pick up the legs before the shoulders, without looking at the stats, as you are wearing pally legs.

Crossied
06-03-2009, 01:02 PM
Your expertise and hit are fine for now. Unless you can gain it along with a socket bonus. Your Healm red socket bonus could help you a little. If you put Regal Twilight Opal - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40031) in there you keep the +24Stam because of the socket bonus and you get an extra 8 dodge, or you could go with the gem that gives you +8Exp and +12 stam. Either way you keep the +24 stam and you get even more. Other then that I'd say your fine. HP is good because buffed you should have a almost(if not over) 40k HP. Also I would say, if you get either of them, go with the shoulders. I say that because you already have 213 legs, even though they aren't Tier legs. If it was me I wouldn't use the Emblems untill after your run, because there's a good chance you'll pick something up. Like someone else said make sure you have a leg enchant/gem set just incase you do get some. That way it'll up you in the raid. IMO that's always nice to have anyways, when you raid Ulduar25. I hope that I was of some help, and good luck in there.

Remember it's just a raid and it's all about knowing the fights and keeping people alive to do the fights.

Buupu
06-04-2009, 12:14 AM
Thanks for the help all!

I think that Ill see what we get up too tonight and If Im lacking anywhere I 'll have a look to see what I can get.

Good call about the Helm Gem thanks! It seems i missed that :)