PDA

View Full Version : Worldcarver VS Inevetible Defeat

VerticalEvent
06-03-2009, 05:12 AM
Everyone keeps saying how Worldcarver is BiS currently for a 2H DK Tank. I don't know. Nothing about it makes me very excited.

A comparasion of the three best tanking weapons, I think:
Item Comparison Tool - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?compare=45948:40008:40008;45165;40406)

The stamina gained (16) over the Inevetable Defeat pales to the loss in Agility, granting roughly 1% of dodge. The strength offers 9 parry, which isn't much, and I'm soft Expertise capped without even trying. I'm having no troubles holding agro in any of the fights.

(I also linked to the Gladiator weapon, but I don't do arena, so I probably won't be seeing that for awhile)

I just wanted to get some people's opinions on these as tanking weapons

Nesvand
06-05-2009, 12:02 AM
If you're having no threat issues, then clearly there's no rush to pick it up, but it comes down to losing a minor amount of avoidance to gain a better TPS item. I'm certain someone could provide some solid math on the diminishing returns on the dodge from ID, but it's all about where you are in terms of gear and your guild's gear progression.

(Also, more expertise is always a good thing... I've seen parry hasting drop more tanks in Ulduar than I care to count, so anything that pushes parry further off the scale results in a relative gain in survivability).

VerticalEvent
06-05-2009, 03:41 PM
The thing is, with a full set of Conqueror Darkruned Gear, the avoidance on Inevetible Defeat get's better, since we lose 25 dodge between sets:
Item Comparison Tool - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?compare=46118:46119:46120:46121:46122;40559:40563 :40565:40567:40568)

So, taking into account Diminishing returns, Invertible recieves better avoidance with T8 gear over T7.

In regards to Parry Hasting, DKs, using 2-Handed weapons, see less parry hasting, due to the fact that our attack speed is much slower then those 1-Handed weapons (but our strikes are up for parry, though) (Titanguard - 1.60s, IE - 3.40s). So, I'm not sure if you mean DK tanks or tanks in general.

ttocs
06-05-2009, 09:30 PM
It also depends on your philosophy when gearing. If you're looking to use a weapon for threat, then yes, Worldcarver is one of the best choices. The increased DPS, increased Str, and the extra expertise work out to that end.

If you're looking to use your weapon as an "extra piece of tank gear", where you can get more stats for stamina/avoidance, then something like Lotrafen might suit you better.

I personally use the former, and gear around that. If we find ourselves swimming in weapons, I might pick up a Lotrafen for an all-out avoidance set.