PDA

View Full Version : Progression Warrior Tank

Karnage
06-03-2009, 01:47 AM
So I'm looking at getting into Ulduar hard modes and thinking about respeccing and reglyphing.

At the moment I'm running a cookie cutter deep wounds build. I've been thinking about dropping impale / deep wounds and picking up improved disciplines / puncture and swapping out glyph of blocking or cleave for the shield wall glyph.

Imp. Disc is pretty much mandatory if I'm going for more survivability as is the glyph, however what do people think about puncture these days. I think it looks pretty good combined with the 2 piece bonus from Tier 8 and the fact that devastate does more threat than heroic strike. The other option would be to sink those three points into shield spec which isn't really considered that great lately.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Thaurissan&n=Karnag%C3%A8)

Any tips would be appreciated. Basically going for more survivability, dropped repelling charge for ruby hare, but not going to bother glyphing for last stand, just shield wall.

Glittersmith
06-03-2009, 02:15 AM
I think you want to go with theese glyphs and talents:
Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#LAM00fZhZMItrx0didIzsGo:rTAzMm)

And you are allready in infinite rage situations for most fights anyway so why bother with reducing the cost of Devestate.

Dunmail
06-03-2009, 05:23 AM
As long as you have rage, or some rage pots for some initial snap aggro dropping deep wounds for the cooldown specs isn't a problem. Only issue I noticed when doing that was snap aggro was poor on a standing start in comparison to the usual deep wounds threat spec. If DPS ain't stupid, not a massive issue, was only a major issue when playing with Auriaya's kittens instead of her, herself, but I've made sure I have rage pots to cover that if I have to use an Arms offspec again.

It's fine on bosses, on trash I prefer deep wounds simply as an extra dot from a cleave on multi targets, or it tabbing between a couple. If it assists healers, or allows fewer healers to get more damage out in a raid then it probably won't be a wasted idea.