PDA

View Full Version : Am I Really Ready for Naxx?

Knot Write
06-02-2009, 08:53 PM
I know that y'all here at Tankspot get flooded with quite a few of these "Rate Me!!" posts, but I'll try to be a bit more specific with what I'm asking

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Draka&n=Stiyle)

I've already OTed the last bit of Construct and the first boss of Arachnid (actually, after our main tank ran out of range during the locust swarm, I ended up tanking the boss while our handy-dandy DK swapped to frost to pick up the adds. What a show-off xD). However, I just flat-out don't know how to OT. During trash, I just kind of pick up whatever mobs I happen to pull off the tank and start working on them. Is this the right thing to do if there's no specific mob for me to tank? I never really payed attention to those things when I healed on my priest, so I'm kind of in the dark.

As far as gear goes, I feel pretty solid with what I have. At least I'm above 30k with raid buffs. Also, I just traded out Breastplate of the Solemn Council - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=44198) for Ziggurat Imprinted Chestguard - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37735), and I'm wondering if this was the right choice. I gained a lot of parry, but I feel like the loss of that expertise will bite me in the ass.

Thanks for taking the time to read this/pass judgement upon me. The Tankspot forums are some of my favorites because of the maturity and professionalism of everyone here. The WoW forums are unsalvagable at this point.

Berzerker
06-03-2009, 01:29 PM
you're plenty ready for naxx 10, and probably capable of doing naxx 25. As far as trash tanking, tank whatever you get aggro on. I personally don't bat an eye at taunting a target off another tank if they've got more than 2 and I have 0 -- that way we're both still getting enough rage/mana to contribute. You'll probably have less of that to contend with as a pally instead of a warr (unless you're outgeared by a DK for aoe threat).

For boss fights, obviously stick to what you're assigned, unless "it" hits the fan.

As far as the Solemn Council vs Ziggurat chest pieces... I would cringe at the drop in defense, personally, but I know the expertise is less impressive to a pally than for a warrior, as your threat skills can't generally be parried. Hit rating is harped on a good deal more for pallies, as you're dealing with spell hit values more than melee hit values. (though take that with a grain of salt, as I'm definitely not that up on pallies) I'd work on padding up the defense options you have (at least on backup gear, if not all on the gear you're wearing) because I noticed a lot of fluctuation in my defense skill as I went from heroics to naxx 10 drops. And make sure you're doing those hodir dailies every day, so you can get a shoulder enchant ASAP. May also wanna see about hunting down an enchanter to fill in the blanks on your gear. May seem a waste on blue gear you're hoping to replace soon, but it risks making you look "half-assed" trying to find groups, and you never know how long it's gonna take to get those drops...