PDA

View Full Version : any suggestions would help

darkkiller
06-02-2009, 05:01 PM
been having some problems tanking in uldaar, i am getting hit way to hard, i was thinking about switching out my gems to get more avoidance. Here is my link, [/URL][URL="http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Draenor&cn=Darkkillerxx&gn=The+Forsaken"]The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Draenor&cn=Darkkillerxx&gn=The+Forsaken) any suggestions would be great. unfortunately, when i logged i was in my dps spec (with my tank gear on) but the 54/6/11 is my tank spec.

Voodan
06-02-2009, 05:43 PM
Just a couple of notes:

1. You're a blood tank, so instead of gemming for hit if you want to boost your tps I would choose gemming for expertise until the soft cap (26) as it is essentially twice as good as hit (since most of your tps comes from strikes instead of spells)

2. You're EH seems to be quite low. What does your raid buffed hp get to? Ulduar bosses do hit hard. That's just how its tuned. As a blood tank, rather than stacking avoidance it makes more sense to stack EH imo. As a rule, I generally try to maintain an avoidance of about 42% minimum self-buffed but generally stack stam. To give you a point of reference, by DK tank has about 36.7k unbuffed hp as blood.

3. You're a JC. Is there a particular reason why you don't have a monarch crab trinket? Even if you prefer to keep the valor medal on (which I would tend to stay away from since especially as blood, makes sense to keep by trinkets stam trinkets)? Monarch crab is significantly better than Essance of Gossamer.

4. With regards to your spec, do you raid consistently with another DK thats specced 3/3 into improved icy tough or a warrior specced into improved demo shout? Reason I ask is because if you're ever in a situation where you're tanking and one of those classes isn't available and dpsing the adds that are attacking you, you are missing out on some significant damage reduction.

5. Finally with regards to your glyphs, I would strongly consider looking into the VB glyph. If you're concern in Ulduar is survivability, a 10 seconds of every 2 minutes of a larger health cushion and increased healing received (including your own self-heals) is nothing to scof at o.O

Hope this helps!

darkkiller
06-02-2009, 05:53 PM
yeah i looked at my stats again for some reason i think i am not in frost presence for some weird reason. my health usually sits at 31ish unbuff. My guild only does 10 mans. Our other dk has the 3/3. Only the 1 point in there since i had an extra point left over and if i do pug, it would help a little bit. thanks for the advice

vine
06-02-2009, 06:05 PM
Armoury doesn't count the Frost Presence bonus, just your raw health. You're way above melee hit soft cap (262), so swap out those +16hit gems for exp+stam. And as said make yourself a monarch crab with Bold Dragon's Eye and +24stam in it.

Voodan
06-03-2009, 09:04 AM
Even 31k unbuffed for a blood tank is pretty low for Ulduar. The idea imo is to get enough raid-buffed hp to survive two fully unmitigated landed hits from most bosses. Since many bosses hit for about 22-23k, aiming for at least 45k raid buffed gives your healers that little bit of cushion that could mean the difference between a gib and surviving o.O