PDA

View Full Version : "You take hits like a truck"

Sharido
06-02-2009, 05:58 AM
Been starting heroics on my warrior tank, and the above has been said to me a few times.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Zul%27jin&n=Stagola)

Obviously there are some blatant upgrades, but what can I do at my current state to give these healers a break?

Rotation:
Charge
Thunderclap (round them up)
Shock-wave
Cleave
Revenge (HS after because of glyph)
Devastate/Shield Slam while tabbing
Concussion Blow on a hard hitter(mainly for healers)
Thunderclap(repeats...)

Healers have a helluva time keeping me up, and I'm blowing CDs on trash mobs...

Any and all help is appreciated =)

EDIT: Spell check doesn't spot grammar mistakes >_>

Glittersmith
06-02-2009, 06:02 AM
Throw in Demoralizing shout into that rotation if you feel you take to much damage. And use Shield-block after your shockwave.

Khek
06-02-2009, 10:56 AM
As the other poster stated, pop Shield Block first, before you charge or right after you charge. You may want to try a macro I use - instead of tabbing, also. It's 2 lines and you just simply replace your devastate icon with this:

line 1 - #showtooltip
line 2 - /cast [target=mouseover,exists,harm,nodead] [] Devastate

Shield slam your primary target, thuderclap, all that good stuff, then move your mouse pointer to the other mobs and hit your macro. It will apply the devastate without you having to tab at all.

Waal
06-02-2009, 11:47 AM
Pardon me if any of this is just stating the obvious.

It looks like you're already off to a good start. As a general rule, shield block earlier rather than later, but not during the shockwave stun. If you're consistent about grouping everything together and hitting them all with shockwave, I'd say use Shield Block (combined with Shield Slam in a macro) right as the stun wears off.

You also want to shield slam earlier rather than later, because of your glyph of blocking, but hopefully it's your top priority anyway.

You're using concussion blow to control damage--good! Use disarm the same way when you have the opportunity on melee, and shield bash and spell reflect on casters. (You use shield wall for bosses already, right?)

You mentioned obvious upgrades, and I'd say that trinkets are big ones based on your armory, especially for big damage spikes. Enchant all of your pieces, even if you want them upgraded today. (It's your job as tank, sorry.) Belt buckles and gems included. If you're short on gold, use cheaper ones, but don't leave anything completely untouched.

Less obvious would be to compare the Wyrmest Accord boots to the titansteel ones you have. As a blacksmith myself, I can say that I gritted my teeth and avoided making them...which, yes, still irritates me, but that's another story.

At the end of the day, it is quite possible that the people making the comments are used to healing tanks that are over-geared for heroics. I would highy recommend asking them for specifics in a friendly way: was it casters eating you up? Did something get behind you? Were you stunned? Or is it really, truly every fight and all the time?