PDA

View Full Version : Gear Check - Ready for 10/25 content? Which ones?

Phathead 009
06-02-2009, 12:03 AM
Hi TS forum,

I'm at the point now where I've pretty much run heroics dry. Save the keystone great ring from DK keep, there is nothing that drops I would pick up. I know I'm ready to move to 10/25 content, I'm just not sure which ones I can effectively MT, OT, or should just stay away from for now.

I've successfully MT'd VOA 10, and OT'd Naxx 10, but other than that haven't tried any so not sure if my gear is where it needs to be. If I do need to upgrade before doing OS, EOE, or Udluar, do I just keep grinding Naxx once a week, or is there other stuff I can do to improve my gear to get into more raids each week.

My current setup: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Uther&n=Phathead)

Thanks!

Phathead 009
06-02-2009, 12:07 AM
I forgot to mention - I am still in the process of building up multiple sets, but right now the only real change I can make is swapping out gloves, hands, and 1 trinket for a block set, to push my block rating up to 29.20%. Not sure where I would need this though (comes at the price of about 1300 health and about 1.25% expertise)

Tharr
06-02-2009, 12:53 AM
Your gear is fine for MT-ing Naxx25, Sarth25 (no drakes) and Malygos25 (might be challenging with the breath but should work), aslong as the group isn't shit.

Why put JC gems in blue sockets though? Untill patch 3.2 they are prismatic and you are better off putting them in yellow/red sockets and put 24 sta gems in the blue sockets.

And don't bother with a block set, nomatter what anyone says it's completelly useless for anything that matters. Only thing you can do with it is soloing tiger and raptor bosses in ZG for cool mounts.