PDA

View Full Version : Expertise / axe specialization

Groolsh
06-01-2009, 07:49 AM
As a Orc fury warrior, I was using a mace in my Main hand and a sword in my off hand. I had to gem / enchant to reach the soft cap of 26 expertise.

Yesterday in a Naxx10 man run I got an Axe "Death's bite" and a sword "Claymore of ancient power". So right now my armory is showing that I'm standing at 31 expertise (26 that I already had + 5 expertise gained from my racial Axe specialization)

Do i need to keep my expertise at this level considering that the +5 gained from Axe specialization only apply to my main hand and that i'm still using a sword in my off hand or i don't have to calculate expertise separately for Main hand / Off hand therefore allowing me to drop some expertise enchants/gems to drop it back again to 26.

Thanks

ItZMuRdA
06-01-2009, 10:29 AM
Someone correct me if I'm wrong if it works any different with TG than it used to with one-handers, but even if Armory shows one number I believe each weapon is calculated differently. If you check your character pane ingame I believe it would verify that, and under Expertise it will likely show something like 31 / 26. In that case, your offhand or your non-axe weapon would still have the normal expertise value, and you'd really only fully benefit from the racial bonus (in terms of being able to remove expertise elsewhere) if you were dual-wielding axes in both hands.

Nunes
06-01-2009, 01:03 PM
Thought you only needed 23 for the -Dodge component...

ItZMuRdA
06-01-2009, 01:42 PM
Thought you only needed 23 for the -Dodge component...

Nah, it's 26, as of WotLK at least. 6.5%.