PDA

View Full Version : HIt Rating

zilri
05-30-2009, 07:27 AM
I just notice my hit is bad i was mt in a VOA and mt taunt missed and the ot got smoked. my hit is 2.9 should i gem a bit for hit, eat hit food while i wait for some 10 man ulduar dorps since it seems they all have hit on them.

thanks Z

Gordiggan
05-31-2009, 03:38 AM
I've had the same problem. I think taunt may still have a chance to miss even if you are hit-capped at 8%. After a few missed taunts, I now follow in right behind the OT and charge/shield slam to get his attention.

I haven't had any problems with VOA since taking the more direct approach.

Crommi
05-31-2009, 04:06 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly sure that Taunt is treated as spell and has 17% miss chance.

Loon
05-31-2009, 04:24 PM
Q: So why do I still miss while hit capped?
A: Cause some of the warrior moves work of spellhit spell, like taunt & thunderclap. These require a much higher hit rating.

source:
http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f56/46925-defensive-stance-warrior-information-compilation.html

Dragaan
06-01-2009, 01:46 AM
I am not 100% positive about this (although i really should know for sure...), but I'm pretty sure you "cap" your taunts with 8% hit just like any physical ability. There is also a 1% chance to miss/resist that you cannot get rid of. So it's like how spells always have a 1% miss chance (or used to), but you only need only 8% and not 17.

Mookey
06-01-2009, 02:43 AM
So glyph of taunt dragaan is made to make you not wear hit at all and never miss tount?

No m8, you are right that they are "physical" but they still count under spell hit/miss percentages.

Back to OP:
If your OT can die due resisted taunt, if your raid is in jeopardy if you miss taunt, consider using Taunt glyph.

Dragaan
06-01-2009, 02:45 AM
What would be wrong with the taunt glyph not making you miss a taunt? (this is exactly why I wear it on IC hardmode - and it seems to work fine)
If it IS 17% like you are implying, how come i hardly EVER see resists even with ~5% hit?

Edit: This is one thing I've always gotten conflicting info about. Trying to test it out now and out of about 100 taunts on the dummy in IF, i've gotten about 3 or 4 resists wearing 8.5% hit. The new DRs really make this a pain tho :/

Dragaan
06-01-2009, 03:02 AM
:/ Make that 7 out of 100. Is it true that you will always miss the 1% tho? Taunt is the 1 ability I have never really researched. Embarassing as a warrior, but I never felt the need to until now with some of the ulduar fights. IMO, they should remove taunt resist/misses on fights like Thorim and Iron Council just like they did with Brut. Or at least lower the chance.

Kaad
06-01-2009, 03:22 AM
So glyph of taunt dragaan is made to make you not wear hit at all and never miss tount?

No m8, you are right that they are "physical" but they still count under spell hit/miss percentages.

Back to OP:
If your OT can die due resisted taunt, if your raid is in jeopardy if you miss taunt, consider using Taunt glyph.

Op appears to be a paladin.

You should probably get more hit, as it will help with every spell you cast... not only taunt.

kyle46
06-01-2009, 06:54 AM
From the testing I've done Hand of Reckoning(New Taunt) seems to work off melee hit while Righteous Defence(Old Taunt) works off spell hit.

Hengist
06-01-2009, 03:01 PM
I am not 100% positive about this (although i really should know for sure...), but I'm pretty sure you "cap" your taunts with 8% hit just like any physical ability. There is also a 1% chance to miss/resist that you cannot get rid of. So it's like how spells always have a 1% miss chance (or used to), but you only need only 8% and not 17.
Untrue. Indeed spells used to have 1% miss chance impossible to negate with + hit, but it was in TBC - now you can be fully capped on all spell moves too. Also Taunt, Thunder Clap, Shockwave and Demoralizing Shout all have 17% spell hit basic miss chance (against boss lvl).