PDA

View Full Version : I Suck and Fail

Deigon
05-28-2009, 09:53 PM
So, recently, I'm getting owned in Ulduar pretty hard. Not to mention every now and then in Naxx. The Paladin and DK tanks we've had with us have alot less problem then I do, even with my gear. There has to be something wrong if I'm taking 41k white hits that wipe me ever so often and getting owned so hard.

Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twisting+Nether&n=–raekon)

Is my link with my spec and gear. If my weapon is not showing up enchanted, thats because I just got it about an hour ago. If its still showing Last Laugh, its replaced by Titanguard.

Karith
05-28-2009, 09:58 PM
I tried to check out your Armory page, but I got the File Not Found error:

This character profile either not does exist, or is temporarily unavailable while the character is transferring between realms or undergoing a name change. Please ensure that the character name was entered correctly. Characters that have been deleted are no longer available on the Armory.

Might want to check that out, or maybe it's just a temporary Armory issue.

Rhyseh
05-28-2009, 09:58 PM
If you are referring to the trash from the Ante-Chamber of Ulduar with the Stone guys in the first and 5th pulls run away from Hardened Fists or used cooldowns if needed. Other than that you shouldn't be seeing 41k white swings.

EDIT: Copy + Paste processes his name wrong in the URL. Just armory his name directly, for those interested it is –raekon. Special Characters in names FTL.

Deigon
05-28-2009, 10:02 PM
If you are referring to the trash from the Ante-Chamber of Ulduar with the Stone guys in the first and 5th pulls run away from Hardened Fists or used cooldowns if needed. Other than that you shouldn't be seeing 41k white swings.

EDIT: Copy + Paste processes his name wrong in the URL. Just armory his name directly, for those interested it is –raekon. Special Characters in names FTL.

I'm not sure why my link isn't working. I'm pulling myself up fine.

To form – its alt + 0208

I wouldn't have the special character if Blizz would unlock his old name, but I still have an other month or so to go before it's available.

As far as the 41k white swings, Razorscale nailed me with one today after I had picked him up off the Paladin. I had him for about 10 seconds or so then I was suddenly face down on the floor while calling for the DK to pick him up.

Karith
05-28-2009, 10:06 PM
Ah, much better, thanks!

I'm with Rhyseh, where are you seeing the 41k white swings? You may need to play around with using your trinkets more often during trash - they're 2min cooldowns, and I know I for one am bad about using them regularly. Other than that, without actually seeing the way you tank, I'm not sure.

Deigon
05-29-2009, 06:42 AM
I do agree, I don't use my trinkets very often. I usually try to save them, but I guess I'll start using them a little more actively, along with my other cool downs.

As far as the way I tank, I'm not turning my back to them. I'm keeping up my procs as best I can, and using shield block as soon as it cools down. It just always seems that I'm the one that dies horribly the most, compared to the others. Either its a big hit: 30-40k or two smaller ones: 20-25k one after another that wipes me out.

Is it my avoidance? Mitigation? Or just plain bad luck?

Astemus
05-29-2009, 06:46 AM
Are you getting crit? 41k seems unreasonable for a white swing on a tank.

Deigon
05-29-2009, 06:55 AM
It didn't say crit on my combat log. I just saw 41000+ damage from Razorscale. This has happened on a few other bosses as well, like Kologram and XT

Not to mention my def is at 542. I'm not sure why I'd be getting crit in the first place unless I was fighting Thorim and holding him after he debuffs you.

Ghreystar
05-29-2009, 07:06 AM
if its any consolation, i took a 31k melee hit from razor about a week back.

veneretio
05-29-2009, 07:21 AM
It didn't say crit on my combat log. I just saw 41000+ damage from Razorscale. This has happened on a few other bosses as well, like Kologram and XT

Not to mention my def is at 542. I'm not sure why I'd be getting crit in the first place unless I was fighting Thorim and holding him after he debuffs you.
Razorscale hit you that hard because you got too much of the stacking debuff. Kologarn hit you that hard because you got too much of the stacking debuff. XT did not hit you that hard.

Deigon
05-29-2009, 07:41 AM
Razorscale hit you that hard because you got too much of the stacking debuff. Kologarn hit you that hard because you got too much of the stacking debuff. XT did not hit you that hard.

1. I didn't have razorscale long enough to get more then one debuff. We taunt off at two.

2. Kologram only debuffed me once, and got me with two big hits. This has happened several times.

3. XT burst me down during positioning the only time I was allowed to attempt to tank him with all healers in range.

I don't turn my back to bosses. I don't run in on any other stance but defensive. I pop shield block the moment the boss aggros on me for threat burst and damage mitigation.

I don't know why I'm getting owned so hard, if it was debuffs, I would have easily contributed it to that, and not have come to the forums to ask for advice.

If there is nothing wrong with my gear, stats, or spec, then I'm not sure whats happening, but it is.

Warwench
05-29-2009, 07:47 AM
Try using the more survival oriented spec that is floating around (ie getting rid of deep wounds, more in fury for imp demo shout, few more in Prot for more survival stuff, look around for the build). Make sure imp demo is up, you are using TC, etc etc. DPS might just have to hodl on for a couple of GCD's till you get stuff applied.

Meoph
05-29-2009, 08:03 AM
You have low mitigation, and avoidance but not to the point where you will be one shot or anything. Your gear is fine for the most part. Spec with out Cruelty and put them in Imp Disciplines and glyph for SW. Then use your SW ever time its off cd. Other than that, your not in too bad shape. You should be doing just fine on the lower end bosses in Ulduar. Once you get some Ulduar gear, you should have a bit more mitigation. Also, make sure you have a drood keeping hots on you all the time. And make sure you arnt getting parry gibed. Good luck

veneretio
05-29-2009, 08:06 AM
I don't know why I'm getting owned so hard, if it was debuffs, I would have easily contributed it to that, and not have come to the forums to ask for advice.

If there is nothing wrong with my gear, stats, or spec, then I'm not sure whats happening, but it is.
A link to some form of combat log would go a long, long way. Ultimately, I don't think you're getting hit for 41k, I think you're just taking multiple hits in a row in quick succession.

Jaeden
05-29-2009, 08:14 AM
Unless you can post some more info, the best advice we can give you, considering it's Razor and Kologarn is that you are somehow not losing the debuff and that's why you are getting owned.

Deigon
05-29-2009, 08:22 AM
I was hoping it would be in our WWS stats, but its not there. I'm guessing the person we had gathering the info was too far away when it happened.

If it happens again, I'll record the log some how and post it here.

Molohk
05-29-2009, 08:23 AM
Your armory looks fine to me, I can't think why you'd be getting hit for 41k unless you're being crit (maybe sitting down lol?) or stacking a bad debuff. As other people said, it would be useful if you could record a combat log and post it for us to see.

Since you mentioned the other tanks were pally and DK, another possibility is that healers are not used to the tank charging into a fight and lose range with you for a few seconds at the start of a fight.

Tankette
05-29-2009, 08:41 AM
I always pop shieldwall when I pick up Razorscale when phase 2 starts. The healers seemed to never be ready and I always died before doing that.

Deigon
05-29-2009, 08:52 AM
Your armory looks fine to me, I can't think why you'd be getting hit for 41k unless you're being crit (maybe sitting down lol?) or stacking a bad debuff. As other people said, it would be useful if you could record a combat log and post it for us to see.

Since you mentioned the other tanks were pally and DK, another possibility is that healers are not used to the tank charging into a fight and lose range with you for a few seconds at the start of a fight.

Well, the problem is that the Pally and DKs are always MTing. I never charge in, its always called over vent when two stacks are up and its time to taunt. I can't charge Kolo. XT might have been a charging problem, but all the healers reported that I was in range.

Mr.Winkle
05-29-2009, 09:32 AM
As a healer myself i'd say maybe your just getting gibbed on pulls / tank switches because the ehalers aren't responsive enough. Pop your CDs or trinkets when you pull and see if you still end up eating dirt.

Ashel
05-29-2009, 10:00 AM
1. I didn't have razorscale long enough to get more then one debuff. We taunt off at two.

2. Kologram only debuffed me once, and got me with two big hits. This has happened several times.

3. XT burst me down during positioning the only time I was allowed to attempt to tank him with all healers in range.

Can't comment on your gearing as armory currently has you as arms.

1: Flame Buffet - 25-man (http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=64023) 10-man (http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=64016)
May account for Razorscale giving you a dirt-nap

2: May want to look at your healers here and pop CDs when you get the debuff to help out. A trinket or SB or SW will help reduce the incoming pounding.

3: Likely another case of check your healers.

Odds are you take damage differently than what the pally or DK do and your healers aren't used to it. Talk with them to see what's happening.

Deigon
05-29-2009, 10:37 AM
Can't comment on your gearing as armory currently has you as arms.

1: Flame Buffet - 25-man (http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=64023) 10-man (http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=64016)
May account for Razorscale giving you a dirt-nap

2: May want to look at your healers here and pop CDs when you get the debuff to help out. A trinket or SB or SW will help reduce the incoming pounding.

3: Likely another case of check your healers.

Odds are you take damage differently than what the pally or DK do and your healers aren't used to it. Talk with them to see what's happening.

Flame Buffet increases fire damage. This was a white hit.

Healers are reporting that it was my fault, not theirs. They just might be passing the buck.

My armory should be showing me in prot spec/gear now. Got D/Ced earlier while farming in Arms.

Deigon
05-29-2009, 11:24 AM
Out of curiosity I checked my statistics under my achievements. The hit I took from Razorscale is there, but sadly, it doesn't give any information other then the raw damage did to me.

Gravy
05-29-2009, 11:40 AM
Deconstructor: Tell your healers they have to heal you next time.

Razorscale: I'm betting the 41k hit was after she enraged.

Kologarn: You probably had the bug where Kologarn uses petrifying breath on the tank while he's in melee range.

Deigon
05-29-2009, 04:55 PM
I would like to thank everyone thats wasted their time trying to help me figure out whats happening here. I really do oblige all the help thats been offered.

It seems we've narrowed it down to three things:

Debuffs, Healing, or Buggs.

I was only really worried about my gear/spec. If its not something I'm doing, then it must be something else, and I'll look harder for it. We're going back in tonight to do Iron Council, Cat lady, Thorim, ect. So, if anything wonky like this happens in there, I will record it and post the info.