PDA

View Full Version : I fail on AOE pulls, and several other things.

Parameter
05-28-2009, 02:48 PM
Hello all, I have lurked around on TankSpot for a while now, and decided to actually ask for help. I play a prot Warrior and for the life of me cannot consistently hold aggro on more than 2-3 mobs. I have tried several different rotations but usually end up spamming tab+revenge/shield slam in between shockwave and thunderclap. This approach works for me on the smaller pulls but the larger ones, Namely the Jourmongers(sp?) and Ice elementals on the way to Hodir are just running amok. Now I know that Warriors aren't top of the line for AOE in the first place, but i feel that maybe my TPS just isn't up to par, or it could just be my tanking skill in general. I spit out between 3.5-6k TPS usually but sometimes it is as low as 1.2k.

I think that maybe my gear is just wrong but i work with what i have. On a side note i feel my EH is entirely too low and i cant for the life of me figure out how to increase it other than swapping profs, I sit at 29,307 or there about unbuffed and highest i have been buffed is around 37k. I can only take one or at the most two hits, if my block decide to mitigate one of them, without heals and that usually ends badly.

I dont know what exactly it is that I am asking for but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, while this isn't really a rate my gear thread I will post my armory in case I need to swap out some gems/chants/gear.
I have MT/OT 10 and 25 Naxx and am currently OT for 10 Uld.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Arthas&cn=Blakballs&gn=nVus)

Parameter

Voodan
05-28-2009, 03:17 PM
In response to your EH question, its really your trinkets that are the problem. I would obviously go for some of the high stam Ulduar ones if you can get your hands on them but a more realistic upgrade would be essence of gossamer.

By most accounts, especially at your EH, +111 stam is greater than the dodge you get from valor.

Superspy23
05-28-2009, 04:14 PM
I agree about the trinket thing. Also changing the enchant on your chest would up your health as well. I would also get a green gem with 8 def + 12 stam in your helm to get the socket bonus.

As for AOE threat, on the big pulls that seem to be getting away from you, you may want to switch to arms at the start of the pull, pop retaliation and get back into def stance. Also a shield spike would help some. Save your AOE taunt for when they start to run around.

Parameter
05-28-2009, 05:11 PM
Thanks guys, brain fart on not having Essence, had it drop like 4 times on my lock but never on my Warr, in fact I'm not entirely certain i ever ran H AZN on my war...
As for Retal. I'm ignorant...

Superspy23
05-28-2009, 06:50 PM
Retaliation
Instant 5 min cooldown
Requires Battle Stance
Instantly counterattack any enemy that strikes you in melee for 12 sec. Melee attacks made from behind cannot be counterattacked. A maximum of 20 attacks will cause retaliation.

The mobs get an instant couple of punches in their face each time they hit you. The 20 attacks disappear quick when you have a whole AOE pack on you but you just started with a great bit of burst threat against the lot of em. Just pop it, swap to D stance and pull/charge.

Parameter
05-28-2009, 07:06 PM
Sorry, I didn't mean i didn't know what Retaliation was, just meant I'm Ignorant for never using it as a tank.