PDA

View Full Version : The General's Heart

burnout180sx
05-28-2009, 01:20 PM
The General's Heart (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45507)

Am i missing something with this trinket? The dodge is good but the proc is practically worthless. Is blizzard just testing this effect for future gear?

As it stands now this trinket is sub par i feel that it should be worth more than it currently is since it drops off one of the final boss in Ulduar.

Please someone tell me that the proc is better than i think it is otherwise i wouldn't even wish this trinket on a newly 80 tank because their are better options out their that are easy to obtain.

BTW i am very pleased at Blizzard for taking a look at doing something with block. I'm excited to see what will be done because up to this point in wrath block has never been one of the pushing factors on me choosing one piece over the other, just seemed to be a filler stat. Improvements and change is what keeps this game interesting.

Zadaris
05-28-2009, 01:45 PM
I think it's a really good trinket. I'm assuming it procs much more than Gossamer and the overall mitigation you recieve from the trinket adds up in long boss fights.

Inaara
05-28-2009, 02:14 PM
The static dodge is pretty amazing, the proc is ok... but it's just ok. On a 20k hit you're looking a 1% worth of mitigation however where armor doesnt work to mitigate magic damage, the proc does. I want it just for the static dodge rating along with Furnace Stone from Ignis 10.

Darksend
05-28-2009, 03:22 PM
I throw this up there with mark of norgannon.

This is not something you would ever wear for progression tanking but 3 months down the line when everything on farm it becomes amazing.

Calishaw
05-30-2009, 05:22 AM
It looks amazing for a paladin tank

bludwork
05-30-2009, 05:46 AM
the proc is horrible. first "reduces damage from each attack" so lets say it procs after you've been owned for 20k, the next attack will take only 205 off, and the next one after that for 10 secs.

It's a trash tanking trinket since most bosses hit at a 2.0 attack speed and for number far greater than what the trinket absorbs. Better for aoe tanking where you have 5+ mobs hitting you for little but a lot. Maybe old world raid soloing?