PDA

View Full Version : Dodge before DR

Soldmeout
05-28-2009, 04:04 AM
I need some help with my tanking gear and what not. I have been tanking for a few months now and I have been wondering what the Dodge percentage cap before DR is. I have look all over the place and only found formula's and what not (not a huge math fan).

Alternatively after asking that... I need to know if I am geared for tanking Ulduar 10... If I am am cool... if not, help me.

I also have a fealing that I am gemming wrong but thats just me.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Garrosh&n=Soldmeout)

pnut14486
05-28-2009, 05:53 AM
im sure someone was asking this earlier but heres my answer to it.. u would be fine for 10man mabye, on the dodge VS stam thing well its a personnel choice but i done like u and stacked lots of agility to try it out.. it was nice but i lost nearly 6k hp for like 4% dodge an like 500 armor, was reading today and someone done some math that said unless ur clearing nearly 1200 agility the DR will still hit u hard so until ur hitting 1200 agility isnt worth stacking since u will loose more than u gain.

jus ma 2cents, iv started stacking stam again an let the extra come from gear an stuff

Astemus
05-28-2009, 09:38 AM
Dodge is always subject to diminishing returns. There is no magic point where it starts to diminish. The way it works without math is, you have 10% dodge, and get another 10% from gear, that will only allow you to dodge 10% more attacks than before, so 9% is what you would get after DR. Simply, you will always gain the same effective percent of dodge from gear. It was put in to keep people from getting to 100% dodge. At high dodge rates, lets say 80%, you get an additional 1% dodge, but it really would increase the amount of attacks you dodge by 5%. With DR, it would increase the amount you dodge by 1%, which is how the DR on dodge works now.

edit: To put the situation more simply... Before, dodge would get better the more you had, now it gives the same benefit no matter what your dodge is. So don't worry about stacking it (besides other problems with getting very high avoidance, like neglecting other stats)

Soldmeout
05-28-2009, 01:37 PM
So... if agi isn't worth stacking, than the right way to go is stam? But I see a problem with that. If you have a high HP Pool that means healers will just have to do more to keep you up. am i right?

I am just trying to become an awesome Bear tank and need to be pointed or pushed in the right direction : /

pnut14486
05-28-2009, 04:42 PM
Astemus /bow
thats wht i was trying to say kinda.. he just put it more nicely an understandable than me :)
stick with stam for now espically for progression is what i go with an on that steel guy in ulduar the more stam the better most of everything in there hits like a truck with spell/melee so better to survive it than hope to dodge it.