I am a DK Frost Tank and have just started tanking HC Ulduar, and my stats are:

stamina:1995
Strength:1113
Hit:180
Exp:18
Def: 544
dodge: 22.5%
parry:17%

I normally use food buffs and gems that give extra strength, but at what point would I be better having food that gives more hit?

I seem to do ok, but I wonder with my current strategy of stacking Sta then Str whether i will eventually begin to struggle to hold agro.

Satorri
05-28-2009, 05:25 AM
Well, important question: What race are you?

It's not hard to soft cap hit, which is why many people do it. With your hit rating, if you are alliance and can get a draenei in your party, with hit food you should be melee hit capped and a good step closer to not missing IT/HB either.

Personally, it can come out in the wash of large numbers for statistics for actual damage, but I just feel better when my moves don't miss. Threat is less about bulk and more about having enough in the right timing. You have reasonably strong values in Strength and Hit, so I wouldn't be terribly concerned with either over the other.

OneFlaw
05-28-2009, 06:29 AM
Hi

I'm human....

Thanks for the help :)

Lianli
05-28-2009, 06:41 AM
I use strength food for the simple fact Strength = AP & Parry for DK's but having your hit at 180 is probably why this came up.

Feanorr
05-28-2009, 05:31 PM
According to the frost DPS thread on EJ (here) (http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t59946-frozen_blows_frost_dps_please_read_op/), if you are not melee hit capped, hit is the stronger DPS stats. Since Frost DPS and tank use mostly the same skills and DK threat is mostly only DPS (except for RS and DnD), I am guessing it's true for threat too as a DK Tank.

So I would cap your hit before puting any str.

After the hit cap, it seem than str is the stronger DPS/threat value, but being expertise soft capped wouldnt hurt either and, like satorri said, it will make your rotation smoother; same for the spell hit cap: missing an HB sucks with the 10sec timer, especially in AOE (in single you can replace it with an IT if you miss)