PDA

View Full Version : Raid Ready???

Vestal
05-27-2009, 01:40 PM
Background: I have been playing since February and started tanking when I hit lvl 70. I understand the basics and that knowledge of the fights is more important then gear sometimes.

I have been running Heoric 5 mans for about 1 month now. 1/2 of my gear is filled up with 200 lvl epics and there are a couple holes I am working on. I have been trying to Pug into raids as an OT but they always fail misreably. I do not know enough about the game to understand if My char is to squishy or the healer is under geared or Dps clueless. Help!

Am I ready to OT in Raids??

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Onyxia&n=Jvestal)

Basic stats
26.5k HP unbuffed
555 Defenes
22.5 Armor
Server: Onyxia
Tag: Jvestal

I understand I still have some holes to fill in my gear (especially bracers), but am I geared sufficent enough to run Raids? I always pug into groups that last 1-2 bosses and then blow up. Do I need to be more selective in the raid groups I choose?

Any help would be appreciated!!!

Bastien
05-27-2009, 02:20 PM
I don't know warriors that well, but I think you would be fine for 10-man Naxx, probably 25-man as well.

You may want pick up a few naxt drops before heading to Ulduar10, tho.

Surmaaja
05-27-2009, 02:47 PM
It's good for naxx, but you could get some easy stamina boost by enchanting your gloves,boots,wrists and chest with borean armor kits if you dont want to go for the more expensive enchants on blues.

Vestal
05-28-2009, 05:50 AM
Thanks for your input guys. I think I will give it a try this week!

Vestal
06-01-2009, 12:04 PM
I guess I am not ready. I just got booted from a 10 man VOA last night. Reasoning...I was not geared for it. I guess I will keep grinding out Heroics!

Wukki
06-01-2009, 12:19 PM
I guess I am not ready. I just got booted from a 10 man VOA last night. Reasoning...I was not geared for it. I guess I will keep grinding out Heroics!
You are geared enough for VOA. I did VOA easily with lesser gear than that.

Try to get the Gossamer Trinket out of Heroic Azjol-Nerub
Enchant your chest with 275 health
Enchant your Bracers with 40 stamina
Get 22 agi or defense to cloak
Change the 12 strength gem in your gloves to expertise / stam or dodge / stam

After that, you will be completely ready to offtank naxx + sarth.

Berzerker
06-01-2009, 01:17 PM
You're geared enough for Archavon. The problem you'll have is everyone wanting to do Emalon and building the group for that. The price to pay for them putting them both in the same instance.

You're geared plenty well for Naxx 10. Potentially 25 with a good set of healers. As for bracers, you can get a small upgrade on them from the quest-line in Coldarra that leads into (and through) Oculus (Bracers of Reverence - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=44341)). Or keep hitting heroic UP for the bracers on Svala (first boss), or Old Kingdom if you can get a group to hold together through Herald Volazj

Terra
06-01-2009, 01:36 PM
I believe you have the gear to be an appropriate OT in Naxx-25. If you can get in on a run or 2 of that, I believe you'll get enough drops that you can start doing Emalon and be in Ulduar 10 within 2 or 3 weeks as long as you're clearing all of Naxx-25, OS-10 and OS-25 and spending your emblems/money wisely. You have a long way to go for Ulduar 25 though.