PDA

View Full Version : Bear Tank Agi sans Dodge

Raindanser
05-27-2009, 01:09 AM
So I've been on my shadow priest on another server for the past several months, and I came back to my Druid to find that my dodge was nowhere near what it was when I left. I heard something about agi getting nerfed in 3.0.1 so it doesn't yield as much dodge as it did before, but I've been unable to find any information to back this up. Granted, most of what I have dug up is dated information from before 3.0.1, but I've been at it for some hours now and my A.D.D. kicked in some time ago and I'm tired of reading the same sentance over and over without getting anything out of it. Anyway, I distinctly remember that my bear tank used to have close to 50% dodge on a good day (that is with good buffs) and now I'm looking at 35% dodge. WHAT HAPPENED?? Subsequently I did some research into leather armor plus dodge rating and turned up very little. If agi -> dodge did get nerfed and dodge rating is the way to go, is there a list of armor with good dodge rating stats? My tanking gear is mysteriously sucking. Please halp (sic).

Astemus
05-27-2009, 09:52 AM
If you mean you haven't been on your druid since wrath hit, yes, dodge is now subject to diminishing returns.

Raindanser
05-27-2009, 03:16 PM
O jeez, has it really been that long? I guess so, eek. So then what's preferable at this point? Agi or dodge rating? Or does it not matter?

pnut14486
05-27-2009, 03:23 PM
myself i tried stack an equal amount of agility with stamina.. and recently re-read alot of the stuff on the dodge Vs stam arguement some say its good change but personally i redone all ma gems etc back to stam cause id prefer few thousand more hp than 1-5% extra dodge, really wasnt worth it at my gear level.. i think from what iv read that at the end game of ulduar25 or 10man hardmode. it balances out abit more but before these levels it aint that worth it that much.. but depends on your gear aswell

Astemus
05-28-2009, 10:10 AM
Agility will always net you more dodge while raid buffed. You also get armor and crit from agility. But really this option only comes up when gemming. You are never choosing between agility and dodge rating on gear (unless you are at high gear levels and looking at hard mode dps jewelry).

linkcon
05-29-2009, 02:34 AM
see i desided a couple of weeks ago to change some stamina for agility gems
now before i did this i could tank 25 man patch and take hatefuls and dodge quite a few of them

after resloting a few agility and a few agility+stamina gems i was dieing the second we started the fight even tho i had more dodge.

im kind of wondering weather to go back to my big stamina stacking

Raindanser
05-30-2009, 01:04 PM
Thanks all for the input! This has been very helpful and given me some ideas to chew on. I'll switch out my gems and see what I end up with.

Linkcon, I'd be interested in seeing your stats or your armory link so I can get an idea of how low is too low for 25 patch stamina wise.