PDA

View Full Version : Another, Ready for Ulduar?

Brion360
05-26-2009, 01:37 PM
I am a prot pally tank looking for advice on how to be better geared for ulduar 10 man and if i could tank ulduar 10 man (MT and/or OT). Iam stacking stamina and have my hp at over 30k(not a lot over) so i was wondering if im ready.

Heres my The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aerie+Peak&n=Brion)
any suggestions would be helpful
ty:)

Bastien
05-26-2009, 02:47 PM
Basic questions to ask yourself:
Defense minimum? (540+ defense) Block capped? (102.4%) Hit/expertise capped (or close)? 969 rotation in muscle memory? (Kinda joking, kinda not)

Stats all seem to be there. Your HP is way above what mine was when I started Ulduar10 (still is actually, just less so).

I'm not a fan of that spec, but to be honest, I haven't really tried it out since 3.1. I prefer the 0/53/18 spec, and the only time any dps has pulled off me was by overnuking Vezax while I was kiting him into position on the pull. Once aggro was established, no problem (mages were pulling 9-10K dps because of the gimmicks in that fight).

The only other thing I would suggest is swap out the HoR or Judgement Glyphs for Glyph if Divine Plea. Mana regen is nice, and with the glyph, you get 3% dmg reduction while it's up - GbtL keeps it up once it's cast as long as you're beating on things.

Inimical
05-26-2009, 07:46 PM
Personally i think you've stacked stamina too much for effective health, my advice would be to drop a bunch of those stam gems and go for some dodge/parry hit and expertise.

Brion360
05-27-2009, 01:16 PM
The reson i stacked stam was because that i heared from many people is that in order to tank ulduar you have to have at least 30k hp ub. I took out a few threat and avoidence gems so that i could get to the hp min. ill probably regem for threat as i am not expertise or hit caped. I can not tank 25 man raids because of fps lag and a old computer. Ill try to pug ulduar sometime. My guild dose not have enough geared people to run but they're close.

ty for the tips and any more to come.:)

Bastien
05-27-2009, 02:15 PM
The reson i stacked stam was because that i heared from many people is that in order to tank ulduar you have to have at least 30k hp ub.

Not necessary for 10-man, imho. I started tanking 10-man with about 25K HP unbuffed. Managed to up that a bit after getting a few key items.

I just got "promoted" from 10-man to 25-man tank. I'm a little concerned about my HP in Heroic Ulduar, but normal isn't a problem. I would go back and adjust for more avoidance and threat; personal preference really.