PDA

View Full Version : Hit Rating?

Verize
05-26-2009, 10:19 AM
Hey everyone,

I read that new post on the front page, and out of curiosity, armoried Xav too.

This made me realised that he has less than 3% hit.

Is that ok? Should we be gemming for hit to reach 8% (or 7%)? Any ideas how valuable hit is until capped?

Thanks in advance.

Mookey
05-26-2009, 11:08 AM
Pick tanking gear with hit
Don't gem for hit
Use titanium weapon chain on minor weapons (as you do), use precision later when you get better weapon.
Keep @ hand expertise and hit food
Make sure you have enough hit where you need to maintain healthy aggro
Make sure you have enough expertise on high hiting bosses (Vezax, Council)
Make sure you have enough survivability (EH and/or Avoidance) for fights where high threat is not concern.

Lizana
05-26-2009, 11:09 AM
Depends totally on what your tanking.

I bet he also has a threat set where he is hit capped and super high on expertise...

Kataztrophe
05-26-2009, 10:12 PM
Different gear and different specs for different fights.

For example, for Steelbreaker hardmode, whoevers tanking Steelbreaker can afford to drop his hit for more avoidance or HP since noones attacking Steelbreaker until minutes into the fight. Also no need for the tanks spec to have Deep Wounds or Impale for the fight either, so you can use a build with more survivability.

Just an example.

Damonvile
05-27-2009, 06:53 AM
If threat is an issue for you or if the encounter has some mechanic that is important you not miss an interrupt then worry about hit. Like Auriaya (http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f206/48802-ulduar-auriaya.html), missing that interrupt can wipe the raid. On some of the hard modes a missed taunt can be a wipe. For most cases however you're safe to run a few % below cap in favor of survivability.

Verize
05-27-2009, 08:58 AM
Ah cool. Thanks for all the advice guys. =) Much appreciated.