PDA

View Full Version : quick help with prot spec please :)

Doped
05-23-2009, 04:16 PM
Hey guys, been out the game since 3.08 (or even earlier!? :O) So was thinking this: Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#LVMh0fZhZictrx0zidIzsGo:dbMMmz)

As I said, I've been out of it for a while :P will be tanking naxx/ulduar etc and generally ... well.. tanking in general lol.

... did that even make sense? >_> ANyway!! Help appreciated :)

Also any comments/suggestions on the new glyphs?

CHEERS! :D

Angur
05-23-2009, 05:53 PM
Get rid of "Iron Will" and put it in Heroic Strike.

Take out 3 points in Shield Special and put in 3 for Thunder Clap

Doped
05-23-2009, 06:57 PM
coooool got it! :) Thanks! Needs a little tinkering is all ;)

andysimmons
05-25-2009, 07:51 PM
In addition to Angur's recommendations (which are spot on), I'd drop the 2 points in improved bloodrage. You'll probably find them more useful in cruelty, shield spec, or even possibly imp spell reflection.

Also, personally, I'd replace the glyph of cleaving with devastate or possibly taunt. Devastate is a terrible threat gen ability in and of itself nowadays (slightly improved with the 2 piece T8), so I usually run with this to minimize the time spent stacking it. The only reason I suggest taunt as another alternative is that a surprisingly large number of fights in Ulduar rely on well-timed taunts. Bear in mind you have other alternatives (mocking blow, challenging shout, vigilance an OT and spam until it lands), but sadly it's not hard to make a pretty solid case for glyphing taunt in certain situations.