PDA

View Full Version : Agility or Dodge?

Panzergott
05-22-2009, 07:12 PM
I'm currently 543 def, 61% avoidance, 25.5k hp/22.5k armor (unbuffed) protection warrior over on Duskwood. I'm partial purple, partial blues gear, nothing tank from Naxx or higher yet.

I'm socketed w/ all my gems being + stam.

I'm thinking about one of two options:

Socketing all +dodge to boost the hell outta my avoidance, or
Socketing all +agility to boost my dodge, increase my crit slightly, and jack up my armor some.

I remember reading once a long time ago in BC days that like +24 agility was = 1% dodge, where as +20 dodge was = 1% dodge, or something to that effect.

Anyone know the conversion rate at lvl 80? I've googled it a bit and keep getting different stories. If agility is nearly equal to dodge then I'll socket agil for the other bonuses, but if its substantial I want to try all +dodge just to see what I can max my avoidance out at.

Please help :D

hbombs
05-22-2009, 08:38 PM
Dodge all the way man. its much better although I cant give you the exact conversion.

If you gem for agility you will hear about it.. from just about anyone who happens to inspect you :)

Ieatpugs
05-23-2009, 04:56 AM
Yeah, dodge as a warrior. I'd only recommend agi to paladins/druids.

headknocker
05-23-2009, 09:14 AM
Are you sure you're at 61% avoidance vs avoidance+block? Its a heck of a high value for someone in half blues. Particularly if you're socketed all stam at the moment. Regardless, to the question you're asking, dodge will give you bigger returns.

Stompya
05-25-2009, 02:26 PM
Actually, do not gem dodge, you want to gem avoidance gem defense, you get better returns per rating and you boost block rating as a bonus.

Molohk
05-25-2009, 03:03 PM
If agility and dodge are your only options, I'd say go with dodge 100% of the time. That being said, if you want to improve your damage reduction defense is your best stat because it gives almost as much avoidance as dodge and it also gives the bonus of block. Keep in mind avoidance is not necesarily your best stat for survivability, you're currently gemmed for stam which is a very good choice, and sacrificing stam for avoidance may get you dangerously close to being 2-shottable >.<

And don't forget those threat stats, expertise and hit are very useful in making sure you land your attacks.

My personal advice for gemming is:
Blue sockets: stam stam stam
Red sockets: stam if the bonus isn't that great, exp-stam if the bonus is worth it
Yellow sockets: stam if the bonus isn't that great, hit-stam if you need more threat or def-stam if you need more survivability and the socket bonus is worth it

Ieatpugs
05-25-2009, 04:43 PM
Actually, do not gem dodge, you want to gem avoidance gem defense, you get better returns per rating and you boost block rating as a bonus.

Dodge/Defense are not the same color gem.