PDA

View Full Version : ARMS DPS not as good as it should be..

Kpax
05-22-2009, 03:37 PM
I have been pretty much tanking my hole life in wow. In the past month I went to fury as my offspec now with the nerf to TG I specked to Arms. But I'm having some trouble keeping up my dps. I cant seem to get more then 2.5-3k Dps. My gear is pretty good in arms have 3/5 t7.5 and 1/5 t8. Not sure if it is my rotataion is not correct. But I pretty much use MS/HS/rend(right have it goes down i will restack it) and bladestorm when it is up. Is there a better rotation that I should be using?

Carmaine
05-22-2009, 03:57 PM
I have been pretty much tanking my hole life in wow. In the past month I went to fury as my offspec now with the nerf to TG I specked to Arms. But I'm having some trouble keeping up my dps. I cant seem to get more then 2.5-3k Dps. My gear is pretty good in arms have 3/5 t7.5 and 1/5 t8. Not sure if it is my rotataion is not correct. But I pretty much use MS/HS/rend(right have it goes down i will restack it) and bladestorm when it is up. Is there a better rotation that I should be using?

First make sure you are hit capped, increases the DPS. Second, I suggest either stacking ArPen if you're going mace or Crits if you're going axe, no diminishing returns on those yet.

My rotation is usually Charge (when possible) > Rend > MS > Slam > OP , this is my starting rotation, works great for a start. If you get low on rage, bladestorm is nice because you still auto-attack while you spin around, and sudden death execute is bound to proc too. I prefer Arms warrior using a priority tree:

1. Rend if it's down
2. Sudden Death Execute
3. Overpower
4. MS
5. Slam rage dump
6. Bladestorm when CD is up and it's useful to use right now.

I never use HS, I find it rather useless compared to slam right now because HS nukes your rage a lot(12 rage + the rage you would have gained from that auto-attack, which almost everyone forgets to count in) and Sudden Death Execute is pretty much killing your rage whenever possible already. Also, Slam only pauses t he auto-attack, it does NOT reset the auto-attack timer. Don't forget to use Sweeping strikes when you got adds, and it works with Bladestorm, so it's a very nice combo for uber spike damage. Bladestorm can actually lower your average DPS though, because a good chain of OP/MS/SDE can out dps a full bladestorm, but as I said, keep it for when SDE is proccing too often and you need some extra rage and still wanna keep your DPS up and don't wait for auto-attacks.

Kpax
05-22-2009, 10:54 PM
Thanks for the info I will try out a rotation like out and see what kind of numbers i put up. I went mace spec since I have ironsoul. I have a hit rating of 362 and a expertise of 18. I don't have any arm pen gems i will put some in also.

Damonvile
05-22-2009, 11:14 PM
I have been pretty much tanking my hole life in wow.

lol was that intentional ?:)

Kataztrophe
05-23-2009, 12:38 AM
First make sure you are hit capped, increases the DPS. Second, I suggest either stacking ArPen if you're going mace or Crits if you're going axe, no diminishing returns on those yet.

My rotation is usually Charge (when possible) > Rend > MS > Slam > OP , this is my starting rotation, works great for a start. If you get low on rage, bladestorm is nice because you still auto-attack while you spin around, and sudden death execute is bound to proc too. I prefer Arms warrior using a priority tree:

1. Rend if it's down
2. Sudden Death Execute
3. Overpower
4. MS
5. Slam rage dump
6. Bladestorm when CD is up and it's useful to use right now.

I never use HS, I find it rather useless compared to slam right now because HS nukes your rage a lot(12 rage + the rage you would have gained from that auto-attack, which almost everyone forgets to count in) and Sudden Death Execute is pretty much killing your rage whenever possible already. Also, Slam only pauses t he auto-attack, it does NOT reset the auto-attack timer. Don't forget to use Sweeping strikes when you got adds, and it works with Bladestorm, so it's a very nice combo for uber spike damage. Bladestorm can actually lower your average DPS though, because a good chain of OP/MS/SDE can out dps a full bladestorm, but as I said, keep it for when SDE is proccing too often and you need some extra rage and still wanna keep your DPS up and don't wait for auto-attacks.

He pretty much hit the nail on the head. HS is pretty bad for arms pve dps, and you'll easily find yourself rage starved using it excessively. Slam is your friend.

superfly75
06-02-2009, 12:14 PM
I've been doing arms for a while now and the "rotation" I've ended up using after testing many (these are more like priority lists as opposed to actual rotations) is

Overpower>Rend(you can let this fall off for about 2 seconds)>MS>Execute>Slam

Although arms is my offspec I've still outdpsed well geared ulduar dpsers in my shabby dps gear. This "rotation" is by far the best I've worked with...notice there's no blade storm (probably because i have a shit weapon) if you've got a very slow and hard hitting weapon BS might work for you but otherwise stick to the rotation.