PDA

View Full Version : New to tanking; Advice/To-Do list?

Tardysauce
05-22-2009, 01:01 PM
Hello all,

I recently started tanking after picking up enough offspec gear. I have a few problems. I would like some advice on my gear.( I realize that I am not def capped but will not be tanking anything until i reach revered with argent crusade). Also, I seem to be having trouble holding threat from my guild. My rotation is Shield Slam-> Revenge -> Devastate/Shield Slam depending on proc-> repeat that until full sunder, thunder clap, repeat.

Armory
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shattered+Hand&n=Gossamer)

Thanks,
Gossamer.

Ossix
05-22-2009, 04:27 PM
Is it single-target tanking or multi-target tanking you're struggling with?

Your gear and spec all look good. Enchant your helm and you're all set. I'd also suggest you replace your Stamina gems with Stam/Expertise or Stam/Defense gems where you can get a Stamina socket bonus.

Tardysauce
05-22-2009, 09:49 PM
Ossix, it's generally multi-target pulls. Thanks for the reply!

Bluepepper
05-22-2009, 10:37 PM
If it's multi-target pulls, I usually like to start off with:
1. Charge
2. Thunderclap (to get inital aggro)
3. Back off a bit (mobs move in a cluster towards me)
4. Shockwave (make sure the mobs are clustered in a tight group)
5. Thunderclap if it's up, if not Demo shout
6. Once mobs come out of Stun shield Block
7. Tab target with Shield slam, revenge, thunderclap, shockwave, and cleave rotation
8. Apply taunt to loose add(s) if needed

If you can try and get a Concussion Blow on a mob it'll reduce the incomming amount of damage for a couple of seconds. You're healers will love you for it.

That's pretty much what I do when it comes to multi-target pulls. Although I do move around so I can't get surrounded by the mobs. A side note: if you're having trouble with tab targeting you can press "v" so you can see enemy health bars above their heads and you can click them if needed.