PDA

View Full Version : What do you reward DKP for?

Kalbitang
05-22-2009, 08:27 AM
Hi all,

My guild has moved to a DKP system in the last few months, and, for the most part, it has worked out a lot better than the previous loot council. The officers seemed to be generally fair with loot distribution, but we did lose a few members over loot issues (e.g., the long-time member who never raids finally shows up and is upset he was given something over a "new" guy who also happens to come to all raids).

Anyway, we've recently started to recruit more people into the guild, to the point where some people need to sit out. I've made it a point to be vocal that these people, who were online at the right time but weren't invited to the raid for whatever reason, should be getting on-time DKP. It only seems fair. There was general agreement to that.

However, someone brought up experience in another guild where people receive DKP for downed bosses if they are online but not in the raid. Just curious what other peoples experiences are with this situation. I lean towards rewarding everyone for being on-time, but that DKP for bosses should only be given to people who are actually on the boss attempts. I can try to explain my rationale, but I'm curious what other people do and why.

Thanks for any input! :)

Lizana
05-22-2009, 08:32 AM
If the person is online and is on the "waitlist" ie if some one drops or you need them they drop what they are doing that moment and come in, they get boss kill dkp, or at least a % of it, otherwise they have no reason to actually stay on in case you need them

RPZip
05-22-2009, 08:38 AM
If the person is online and is on the "waitlist" ie if some one drops or you need them they drop what they are doing that moment and come in, they get boss kill dkp, or at least a % of it, otherwise they have no reason to actually stay on in case you need them

This.

There's no reason to penalize people for being available whenever you need a replacement, especially as you might be sitting them due to raid composition issues more than anything else. It'll help minimize hard feelings and ensures that they'll be there when you need them.

There's really no reason to only award the boss-kill DKP to people in the raid but not to people on the waitlist.

Satrina
05-22-2009, 08:43 AM
Keeping a roster so that you have enough people to keep raids full and rolling, then treating the people on the waitlist like second class citizens isn't a very good idea. It's not like they made the decision to not be in the raid, so why should they be penalised for it?

Turelliax
05-22-2009, 08:46 AM
I actually really am beginning to enjoy EPGP as used in my new guild. For example i told them i couldnt attend last night but knew i might be on.. i was actually brought in for hodir and sat for the rest of the night (i had told the guild leader I would sit since i had declined the invite but did manage to make it online so they brought in the other tank who had said he would be there).

All we get for sitting on standby is whatever the amount is for being online. no reason to give me boss kill credit if i wasnt actually in the raid contributing imo.

Kalbitang
05-22-2009, 09:34 AM
Thanks, guys. I'm generally not too involved with deciding who gets invites, but I'm extremely paranoid about people being resentful about lack of invites.

We've traditionally tried to run with right about 25 people, so that everyone has a pretty strong chance of a spot, but recently have been having some attendance issues, so we've needed to recruit more.

Part of my rationale for the DKP being for people in the raid only is because we were having issues with people showing up on-time, so I was hoping that since being on-time increases your chances of a raid spot, it'd make people more punctual. Also, we've generally been sitting one to three people, and they've usually been a little late anway. So, it was kind of a "reward on-time folks even more" mentality.

You do raise some valid points, however.

In terms of DKP tools, the only one I'm familiar with is CT Raid Tracker, and that's pretty minimal (my familiarity with it). I think the tools I've seen only work with people who are currently in the raid. Are there other tools to support people who are simply online or would these people most likely have their DKP updated manually?

RPZip
05-22-2009, 09:37 AM
Part of my rationale for the DKP being for people in the raid only is because we were having issues with people showing up on-time, so I was hoping that since being on-time increases your chances of a raid spot, it'd make people more punctual. Also, we've generally been sitting one to three people, and they've usually been a little late anway. So, it was kind of a "reward on-time folks even more" mentality.

Well, you can have more stringent rules for qualifying for standby DKP. We only award DKP for standby if you were in the raid and swapped out, or were on time at raid and reachable (usually Vent or IM, possibly a text message) to swap in when we need you. I wouldn't give boss kill DKP to someone who shows up halfway through the raid.

Akeber
05-22-2009, 09:52 AM
Check out QuickDKP.

Satrina
05-22-2009, 11:31 AM
We apply an on time bonus, a midway bonus and if you got both of the first two, a bonus when the raid is closed. Invites go out to the people who have high attendance first, then the raid is filled from the remaining people. We also weight attendance higher than kills.

Shadevarr
05-29-2009, 12:25 PM
1 dkp for attending the raid
1 dkp for staying until raid is called
1 dkp for being on standby
1 dkp for progression kill
1 dkp for progression achievement

This is coupled with a brutal invite policy of "if your not on 15 minutes before 1st pull, I am taking someone else".

Tobius
05-31-2009, 05:07 AM
We award dkp for attending a raid (8.75 for 3.5 hours, pro-rated if needed), for attempting a boss and for killing a boss. We split bosses into difficulty levels to decide how many points are awarded for each one. Only people in the raid get points.

Difficulty Kill Attempt
Easy 0 0
Standard 0.5 1
Tough 1 2
Very Tough 1.5 3

We don't give out points for anything else.